Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2006, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS
I would also like to add that when pictures are posted, make sure they are clean. It is a disrect to the animal to show pictures the way some of them have been shown. Clean them up, show them as the magestic animal they are. Take the pictures in the feid, not on the garage floor or back of the truck. Take the time to roll it a little to hide where it was gutted and place tjhe tongue back in its mouth. Have respect for the people viewing them and for the animal itself. Show the non hunting public that we are not just animal killers.
I don't hunt but i am not against it, as long as you eat the meat. I am against caged hunting etc.

ECS i'm not certain but i think the time to respect the animal is before you kill it.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Against it

Hunters are just making up for a lack of something else. I think of the movie deliverence when I think of them. Night night tight keep your bumhole tight fellas.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I disagree with shooting a buck and cutting his horns off then throwing his body in the creek. I disagree with running adeer until he can't run anymore and then shooting him while he's trying to catch his breath. Other than that, OK to me. I used to hunt but I don't anymore, don't have the time. My favorite meat is rabbit., and I get far too little of it.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ESC you bring up some very good points about photos of the hunt... I am not for the waste wildlife. For some areas it is a way of life. The thing that scares me is other guys out hunting, hunting accidents or idiots with guns are bothersome.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 11-21-2006, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For all of those who oppose hunting, let me ask. Have you ever eaten meat, fish, or fowl? If so something had to die whether it be from hunting, fishing, or merely killing in a slaughter house.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootoomootoo
Against it

Hunters are just making up for a lack of something else. I think of the movie deliverence when I think of them. Night night tight keep your bumhole tight fellas.

Now that came as a shock, not.

Everyone is a product of their choices, not their circumstances.........

I don't normally talk to Obama supporters, but when I do, I usually ask for large fries...............
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc
Same problem last year with the elk population in the Rainer National Park in Washington State. Herd was over 10000 in an area of a national park and they tried busting them up to get them out of the park area to allow for hunting. When that didn't work they sent in a few government hunters to take a few diseased cows. December came and nearly the whole herd could be seen rib cages showing like a young ethiopian. January came and nearly 3000 elk died. They tried to get a special hunt to gether to reduce the bulls and take a few cows and hopefully push them out to areas with feed. Some special interest groups tied it up in court for 6 months. the herd was devistated from around 10000 elk to near 3500 in a few months.
The moral of the dilema is that natural predation was not enough to keep the herd in check for that area and allowing hunting would have kept the elk population higher than the estimated 3500.
That will take an act of congress to approve hunting in a National Park. they have been fighting that here in Grand teton National Park for years also. They allow elk hunting only because when the Rockefellars donated the land to the govt. to be used as a national park, it was also stipulated that elk hunting would remain in the park to control elk herds. Not to worry though, the wolves will be there just like they are here.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootoomootoo
Against it

LOL When I think of Deliverence, I think of Burt hunting some hillbillies that want to make others squeeeeeelllll like a pig.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure
I don't hunt but i am not against it, as long as you eat the meat. I am against caged hunting etc.

ECS i'm not certain but i think the time to respect the animal is before you kill it.
But I do respect it. I respect it enough to make a clean and humane shot. I respect it enough to thank it for feeding me and filling my freezer rather than die of starvation due to overpopulation.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreenpros
If you ever saw a herd of deer starving to death and disease ridden because of over population, hunting makes a lot more sense.
ahh yes the compassionate hunters. i don't know about your neck of the woods, but around here hunters don't go after the sick & the starving, they go after the big & the strong because they are trophies.

when i first moved to jackson there was an article about a hunter who bragged about taking a 25 point buck. That buck avoided thousands of cars, other hunters, disease, starvation etc, for years, in a highly populated area so some self absorbed jack a$$ could shoot him, follow him until he was to weak to go on & cut his freakin head off to hang it over his fireplace.

Now as i said before i do not oppose hunting if you eat the meat. just call it what it is, a self indulgent, macho, sport.

Nobody is claiming that bear are starving to death here in NJ. the hunters are just fighting for the right to kill one so they can brag about it to their friends. Nothing altruistic in that.