Register free!

Old 11-23-2006, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I dont hunt, never have and never will. But everything that ecs has said makes sence. Some people are so good intentioned and dont want to kill anyting, but dont understand starving out of control wild animals. The ones that live in rural areas and hunt (ecs,greg,lee...) are the ones who really know first hand about the real issues of hunting for the most part.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to based on the post ECS has made. I would say he has very good hunting ethics. I think thats important and is somthing that has to be taught to others. I grew up waterfowl hunting big time and really got into it. I love shooting my bow at 3D targets.

Then i had read somthing about geese mating for life and such and just kinda ran out of time to hunt. However I didnt lose time to shoot. Hunting is something that im starting to kinda get and urge to go do again but I will probaly head down to the range try some new reloads in my .308 at 800 yards.

I suport hunters and hunting a like and I do feel it is important to the whole wild life situation.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

When I was a kid, I used to raise rabbits. My friends would come over and we would let a couple of them loose in the backyard. We would each grab a hammer and chase them around knocking them in the head for fun.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Banned

That last time i was hunting was about four years ago.Me and a good friend of mine where going for two big buck.I eat the meat and he uses the skins to make wallets and the hoofs for ash trays.Nothing gets wasted. Well as we make are way threw the woods we find a pack of wolves dead. we both got sick. Well we thought lets keep going. About 50 feet or so we find A mother wolf and her pups dead. the mother was shot and by the looks of the pups they had been beaten then burned alive.I just threw up.I just couldnt stand what I saw.Well these guys start coming after us shooting. Me and my buddy ran like hell him in front of me as i fired back with my 357 revolver at these guys.We made it to my truck and hauled ass and dam near took out a us foresty truck.I stoped and we told the guy what happen.Seems they have a problem with someone killing the wolves out there. We told him what we saw and what the guys looked like and got the hell outa there. After that day after seeing them pups I just couldnt go back and hunt again. I wish I could burn them motherfu**ers alive.To do that to a mother wolf and her pups just make me sick.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf
That last time i was hunting was about four years ago.Me and a good friend of mine where going for two big buck.I eat the meat and he uses the skins to make wallets and the hoofs for ash trays.Nothing gets wasted. Well as we make are way threw the woods we find a pack of wolves dead. we both got sick. Well we thought lets keep going. About 50 feet or so we find A mother wolf and her pups dead. the mother was shot and by the looks of the pups they had been beaten then burned alive.I just threw up.I just couldnt stand what I saw.Well these guys start coming after us shooting. Me and my buddy ran like hell him in front of me as i fired back with my 357 revolver at these guys.We made it to my truck and hauled ass and dam near took out a us foresty truck.I stoped and we told the guy what happen.Seems they have a problem with someone killing the wolves out there. We told him what we saw and what the guys looked like and got the hell outa there. After that day after seeing them pups I just couldnt go back and hunt again. I wish I could burn them motherfu**ers alive.To do that to a mother wolf and her pups just make me sick.
I wouldn't say that those were killed by hunters. To me it sounds like a cult of some sorts.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Well said kpyoung!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf
So did the police do anything about it?