Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2006, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ethics question about Lesco ZTwo on eBay

Have any of you guys been following the 2006 Lesco ZTwo mower that has been for sale in another thread on LawnSite?

Apparently this mower only has 35 to 40 hours on it and has changed hands at least twice and maybe three times.

In the for sale section on LawnSite, there is a reference about changing the hydro fluid. Nothing about any mechanical problems.

In the maintenance section on LawnSite, there is a reference about metal shavings in one hydro. This problem was never mentioned in the for sale section. The guy quit posting on this tread once some questions got asked.

Now this same mower is on eBay (item # 200048452168). In the ad it states that "This mower has never been used commercially only on my home lot".

If I recall, the Lawnsite member that first sold sold this mower said that he only used this mower once. He also said that he only does commercial work. I am not sure if the second LawnSite member used it commercially or not, but he did put about 30 hours on it apparently.

Now the latest LawnSite member is selling it on ebay after putting about 5 hours on it. Maybe he did only use this mower on his own yard, but should he be saying "This mower has never been used commercially only on my home lot"? He also never mentions the fact that he had a hydro problem. For all we know, he might not have fixed this problem yet.

Anybody want to buy this mower off this guy?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like all sellers are having a hard time unloading this Lesco. This is why I don't prefer Lesco's: no retail value, and usually no support at Lesco.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

is he paying you to take it???

If the deal is too good to be true, maybe it is.....
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I was the last owner to sell it. and I was told at lesco the shaving were from the break in period, and needed to be changed after 50 hours. there was air in the line making a funny noice.

The ethics question should be if 2 PRIVATE indiividuals are are buying/selling equipment, why would a lawnsite member e-mail this buyer to tell them there OPINION on a topic they know nothing about to begin with. And yes I have been in contact with him about this. Now lets get the full story out there, at least that I am aware of.

1st Owner- Macomb Lawn & Snow - From what I was told from lesco, went into there store as an unknown in the area. Got a $40,000 credit line, bought alot of equipment he may or may not have had the work for to begin with. Owes alot of people alot of money, and has been offing the equipment at rock bottom prices all over the place. But that is just what lesco told me.

2nd Owner- I Mow Alone - Obviously selling Macomb Lawn and Snows equipment put it up for sale here. Why he was selling it for Macomb Lawn And Snow, I was told He was leaving state.

3rd Owner- Caruso_Services - That would be me. I brought it home used it at home for a couple months, noticed it was making a funny noice. I was told to get the air out of the line. I got it out in the process I changed the hydro fluid / Oil and noticed the shavings in the fluid. Lesco said it was normal for a break in period. When I went to get the filters for the oil and hydro fluids I was told it would be about 1 week to get them in. I am a new company, no back up equipment. And will not be able to afford downtime. So I did not want the lesco or to deal with lesco for that reason, I would rather have exmark products. Lesco has 2 types of stores. Ones that service right there, and ones that send them out to be serviced, I so happened to be by one that sends them out. This machine will be better suited to somebody that has a lesco dealer that can service the machine, so I am sure it's new owner will love it. So I bought a 48" exmark metro. As for being used commercially, I did not use it commercially, and with only 28 hours on it when I got it, I would be amazed if anybody with actual customers did either. 28 hours in 6 months, Come on are you serious. The customers I had are to small to use a ztr. I stress had because I have since bought the accounts I needed the mower for.

The better question would probably be, why am I sitting here explaining all of this. First of all it is a new machine with 40 hours, what could possibly be wrong with it anyway. And even if there could have been a problem, It should still be under the warranty from lesco. And if lesco would not have given me such a hard time on parts availability, I would have saved alot of money by buying this mower, not loosing a couple bucks selling it.

Reguardless, I am glad the mower is gone. Between the half hearted riticule on here trying to sell it, and the hassel of dealing with lesco to begin with. This whole ordeal has been a pain in the a$$. All I am trying to do is get my company started on the right foot. And with the exception of this ordeal with a lesco ztwo. I am doing pretty well, and got alot of help on this site.

Now, I guess I will sit back and watch the soap opera unfold in this thread. This should be interesting.
18' Tandem axel open
2000 Lazer Z 60" 25hp Koehler
2001 Lazer Z 60" 27hp LC Kawi
2004 Lazer Z 60" 28hp EFI Kohler
Snapper 21"
Bunch of Trimmers, Edgers, Blowers!!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

FYI about the lesco parts avalabilty, I agree with you. As for filters & belts (any) if you bring them to a NAPA they can usually match them up. Usally a better price, & quicker.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you caruso I would not want a mower that would leave me waiting on parts while I still had yards to mow You did the right thing by getting rid of it in my opinion
Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso_services
Yes, I was the last owner to sell it. and I was told at lesco the shaving were from the break in period, and needed to be changed after 50 hours. there was air in the line making a funny noice.

The ethics question should be if 2 PRIVATE indiividuals are are buying/selling equipment, why would a lawnsite member e-mail this buyer to tell them there OPINION on a topic they know nothing about to begin with. And yes I have been in contact with him about this. Now lets get the full story out there, at least that I am aware of.

1st Owner- Macomb Lawn & Snow - From what I was told from lesco, went into there store as an unknown in the area. Got a $40,000 credit line, bought alot of equipment he may or may not have had the work for to begin with. Owes alot of people alot of money, and has been offing the equipment at rock bottom prices all over the place. But that is just what lesco told me.

2nd Owner- I Mow Alone - Obviously selling Macomb Lawn and Snows equipment put it up for sale here. Why he was selling it for Macomb Lawn And Snow, I was told He was leaving state.

3rd Owner- Caruso_Services - That would be me. I brought it home used it at home for a couple months, noticed it was making a funny noice. I was told to get the air out of the line. I got it out in the process I changed the hydro fluid / Oil and noticed the shavings in the fluid. Lesco said it was normal for a break in period. When I went to get the filters for the oil and hydro fluids I was told it would be about 1 week to get them in. I am a new company, no back up equipment. And will not be able to afford downtime. So I did not want the lesco or to deal with lesco for that reason, I would rather have exmark products. Lesco has 2 types of stores. Ones that service right there, and ones that send them out to be serviced, I so happened to be by one that sends them out. This machine will be better suited to somebody that has a lesco dealer that can service the machine, so I am sure it's new owner will love it. So I bought a 48" exmark metro. As for being used commercially, I did not use it commercially, and with only 28 hours on it when I got it, I would be amazed if anybody with actual customers did either. 28 hours in 6 months, Come on are you serious. The customers I had are to small to use a ztr. I stress had because I have since bought the accounts I needed the mower for.

The better question would probably be, why am I sitting here explaining all of this. First of all it is a new machine with 40 hours, what could possibly be wrong with it anyway. And even if there could have been a problem, It should still be under the warranty from lesco. And if lesco would not have given me such a hard time on parts availability, I would have saved alot of money by buying this mower, not loosing a couple bucks selling it.

Reguardless, I am glad the mower is gone. Between the half hearted riticule on here trying to sell it, and the hassel of dealing with lesco to begin with. This whole ordeal has been a pain in the a$$. All I am trying to do is get my company started on the right foot. And with the exception of this ordeal with a lesco ztwo. I am doing pretty well, and got alot of help on this site.

Now, I guess I will sit back and watch the soap opera unfold in this thread. This should be interesting.
That was well thought out & clearly written explanation. Thanks & good luck with the new business. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.