Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

no grass cutting?

if you are about done with your grass cutting season, are you looking for more work, or just glad to be able to sit on the couch??
this is what Matt did today....
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm glad that Matt can get up there Jodi because no way could I. I'm enjoying some time off before snow season but driving my wife nuts.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 11-27-2006, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

don't know yet..heading to Hawaii w/ wife for her work so we'll see when i get back.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

tommorrow is the last scheduled day of cleanups for me! I can't wait for the cleanups to be over. I've got a couple possible projects to do before snow, but nothing is finalized yet. I'm in no hurry or crunch to sign them. I'm ready for hibernation!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've actually done some advertising for leaf jobs and have gotten quite a few calls and some good jobs out of it. I require a $25 downpayment...this keeps them honest and prevents them from finding someone else if I don't show up for a few days...

If I could go on a 3 month long vacation that would be one thing, but to just sit around basically doing nothing bores the hell out of me.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I finished the "last" mowing yesterday, but then immediately started on a two-day trimming project at the same property. After finishing with that, I have another couple of trimming jobs that I hope I can finish before the end of the week. Wow, with 65 degree days, working in shirtsleeves, I'm hustling to get as much of this work done before the 35 degree days return.

With the warm days recently, plus a few more to come, I would not be surprised to need to mow a few more in a couple of weeks, weather permitting.

Explain the lift being used for the trimming project? Rental?

To complete the initial question -- not looking forward to the "end" at all. The long days of Winter are a dread, no sitting around on the couch for me.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just finishing up a few more cleanups , 1 mulch jod pending and getting the trucks and blowers ready for snow. Also have a few ceramic tile jobs after the new year
Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

WOW just looking at the picture makes me dizzy, this is my last full week of clean ups(unless the phone rings lol) Might have a couple days in dec to pick up a few scattered leaves

wayne

Old 11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

REAL AMERICAN GENIUS today we salute you "Mr Why is my lawn turning brown guy" this ones for you on that hot august , in the middle of a drought, day, you take the time to call me and ask me what I did to your lawn to make it turn brown. We salute your ultimate stupidity and inability to muster the energy to lift that heavy sprinkler to the center of your precious 1/4 acre estate and have the fortitude to turn the valve to the ON position !!!!! imagine this guys suprise when I told him about the wonders of H2O BRILLIANT!! but thats a different beer commercial
Old 11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffex
REAL AMERICAN GENIUS today we salute you "Mr Why is my lawn turning brown guy" this ones for you on that hot august , in the middle of a drought, day, you take the time to call me and ask me what I did to your lawn to make it turn brown. We salute your ultimate stupidity and inability to muster the energy to lift that heavy sprinkler to the center of your precious 1/4 acre estate and have the fortitude to turn the valve to the ON position !!!!!
LMAO...that was pretty funny.