Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 AM
prostriper's Avatar
prostriper prostriper is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 336
Mike J.

Quoted from Michael J. Donovan

No privacy violation here.....it's a favor.....pm's are a feature of this site that we provide.....I think the last I looked the pm's were free. Oh, and the site was too..... hmmmm.....someone complaining about something like this doesn't sound right to me.....

This has really been bothering me the last few days. I didn't want to say anything on it but no one else has.

You say this as if you posted each and every one of the 1.6 mil plus posts. You see it is we the 48,000+ members that make this site what it is. If it wasn't for the FREE information we post this site would be nothing but a blank server.

I am sorry if we ask for a little respect and courtesy, after all we are Lawnsite. We make Lawnsite! You as moderators make sure everything runs smoothly.

Remember we as members are the reason the sponsors are here ,not you. So please don't come off like we are complaining, we are asking for courtesy. Is that so much to ask for? A moderator making a comment such as this doesn't sound right to me.
  #2  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
I'm still waiting for a response to an email I sent to Sean....
  #3  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Sean Adams Sean Adams is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,623
1. Marc - where did you email me? I do not have one from you - send it to me again - seanlawnsite@aol.com

2. The comment made by Mike was appropriate considering it was a response to someone accusing Mike and all the mods at lawnsite of something and being critical of something which was actually offered up as a way to deal with a temporary shut off of pm's - no one denies what has made lawnsite what it is (read my signature line) but that does not give anyone the right to act like a jerk, and that is what impactlandscaping was doing....

NEXT time, instead of starting a new thread and only posting a response that was made, include it all or don't post it....better yet, why even start a new thread? Why not just post your feelings in the original thread it was in?
  #4  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is online now
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
prostriper:
I understand completely what you are saying. And I agree with you, without the members and sponsors, Lawnsite would be nothing. And I can assure you, all of the moderators appreciate the members.

the problem lies not with you prostriper, but with a small group of members that wanted to get bigger than the site itself. it started out slowly, where a few members would "throw their weight around", immediately picking on a new member, always putting somebody in their place. then it gradually grew where this small group would follow each other around and "back each other up". then this small group decided that they wanted to have their own forum inside of lawnsite, they felt that powerful that they felt they could start placing demands on lawnsite. when their demands weren't met IMMEDIATELY, they left. nothing wrong with that, but THEN what they did was spread their lies to other lawnsite members, stating how they were so mistreated and done wrong by lawnsite.com
what has lawnsite.com done to anyone?, it hasn't changed. so a few members that sit in front of the computer 24/7 because they have nothing else to do didn't get a private exclusive forum at lawnsite because they felt they were more special than everyone else, lawnsite.com is now the bad guys? lawnsite.com appreciates every member 100% for sure.
And I am quite confidient that the pm system will be restored, no doubt.

marc smith,
really, no disrespect meant to you, but you are only going off one side of the story, you were fed the line, and you bit.
  #5  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
prostriper's Avatar
prostriper prostriper is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 336
I went to quote it in the original thread but it was closed. I'm not denying that you don't know what makes lawnsite what it is. But the way this was worded it sounds like we owe something to him. This site has helped me in the past, and helped me learn alot. I would like to add to it and help it grow more. You should have a good understanding of that from the correspondence we have had.

We're not complaining just kinda upset. I know that I have about 1/3 of my LS correspondence through PM, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one. You can look up my statistics. So it kinda puts a crimp in the routine of many of the members.

I'm not trying to do it as an attack at him, I am just suggesting that in the future he think things out a little better before typing them. Because if it troubled me, it most likely troubled others as well.
  #6  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:01 PM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
prostriper:
I understand completely what you are saying. And I agree with you, without the members and sponsors, Lawnsite would be nothing. And I can assure you, all of the moderators appreciate the members.

the problem lies not with you prostriper, but with a small group of members that wanted to get bigger than the site itself. it started out slowly, where a few members would "throw their weight around", immediately picking on a new member, always putting somebody in their place. then it gradually grew where this small group would follow each other around and "back each other up". then this small group decided that they wanted to have their own forum inside of lawnsite, they felt that powerful that they felt they could start placing demands on lawnsite. when their demands weren't met IMMEDIATELY, they left. nothing wrong with that, but THEN what they did was spread their lies to other lawnsite members, stating how they were so mistreated and done wrong by lawnsite.com
what has lawnsite.com done to anyone?, it hasn't changed. so a few members that sit in front of the computer 24/7 because they have nothing else to do didn't get a private exclusive forum at lawnsite because they felt they were more special than everyone else, lawnsite.com is now the bad guys? lawnsite.com appreciates every member 100% for sure.
And I am quite confidient that the pm system will be restored, no doubt.

marc smith,
really, no disrespect meant to you, but you are only going off one side of the story, you were fed the line, and you bit.

It sure is better now that the chosen few are gone
  #7  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is online now
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
It sure is better now that the chosen few are gone
John,
That is what we are starting to hear more and more. Members were afraid to be "belittled", and "bulldogged" by this little group.
This site has always been about learning, all the while still having a little fun. The moderators care about the members and want their time here to be an enjoyable one.
Prostriper: thanks for taking the time to let us know. the last thing I would want to do is come across as not appreciating the members, cause that's not the case at all.
  #8  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:55 PM
DLCS's Avatar
DLCS DLCS is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
John,
That is what we are starting to hear more and more. Members were afraid to be "belittled", and "bulldogged" by this little group.
This site has always been about learning, all the while still having a little fun. The moderators care about the members and want their time here to be an enjoyable one.
.

I second John's comment.


BTW Jody,


Less than a month till Christmas!
__________________
Mike

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
  #9  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 PM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS
I second John's comment.


BTW Jody,


Less than a month till Christmas!

Hay Mike Ho Ho Ho
  #10  
Old 11-27-2006, 01:04 PM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
John,
That is what we are starting to hear more and more. Members were afraid to be "belittled", and "bulldogged" by this little group.
This site has always been about learning, all the while still having a little fun. The moderators care about the members and want their time here to be an enjoyable one.
.
Yeah what Mike said!! Less then a month Jodi till Christmas.
Attached Images
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.11513 seconds with 8 queries