Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
John,
That is what we are starting to hear more and more. Members were afraid to be "belittled", and "bulldogged" by this little group.
This site has always been about learning, all the while still having a little fun. The moderators care about the members and want their time here to be an enjoyable one.
Prostriper: thanks for taking the time to let us know. the last thing I would want to do is come across as not appreciating the members, cause that's not the case at all.
I know you appreciate us, and I appreciate all of you. You guys do a wonderful job with this site. But this was kind of a "customer service" issue. If I was at a store and was told to "just deal with it, you didn't have to walk in the door" by an employee of a store I frequent regularly I would say something as well, and there's quite possibly a chance I would never shop there ever again.

I totally understand the shutting down of the PM's for upgrades and modifications, and for reasons as you and Sean have noted. I'm not saying I am against it. It's totally cool, I just hope that this issue can get resolved and things can go back to normal.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostriper
I know you appreciate us, and I appreciate all of you. You guys do a wonderful job with this site. But this was kind of a "customer service" issue. If I was at a store and was told to "just deal with it, you didn't have to walk in the door" by an employee of a store I frequent regularly I would say something as well, and there's quite possibly a chance I would never shop there ever again.

Mike J D. Can have an attitude, i think its because they wont let him hit the bottle before noon while hes at the office. I can understand, i had one to .
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
Mike J D. Can have an attitude, i think its because they wont let him hit the bottle before noon while hes at the office. I can understand, i had one to .
Come on now John who you trying to fool. Your in the hot tub with a bottle of Hennessey XO by noon
Old 11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostriper
Come on now John who you trying to fool. Your in the hot tub with a bottle of Hennessey XO by noon

One minute after noon with Mr Donovan
Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
One minute after noon with Mr Donovan

I don't have anything against the guy John ( I don't Mike) , it's just were in an industry full of halfa**es and trying to validate our selves as a professional trade. And someone here that is supposed to be a pillar of a site based around its vallidation, in a way, tells us to F off and deal with it. There were alot more professional ways of going about it and still convey the same message.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

John...thanks for spilling the beans

prostriper...I apologize for coming off that way, but, by no means was I implying that we do not appreciate the members of this site. As Jodi, and others, have pointed out, we have had some problems with a small group of people and it can get quite bothersome with posts being made about our judgement and character on how to run the site.

It was not necessarily meant to be directed at you with my response, so please don't take offense to it.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Jodi.

I bit at nothing. Quite a bit has transpired in last few weeks both infront of and behind the curtain. I'm not one to just willy-nilly accept facts at face value without some kind of digging.

My email was sent 10 days ago. To date I still had not recieved a reply. Just passing along fact, not running with the bait or stoking the fire.

Sean
I resent the email.

Both LS and LC are great sites. and for anyone wanting to start up a business with out any prior knowledge a valuable resource for the most part. Its the internet and now that trolling is soon be an olympic sport there will always be pot stirrers and one person being mulitple trolls and such....And the only wya to learn who is who is to post and learn and lurk.

Did discussions get out of hand. yup....Would LS be any better with out the off topic and non business discussions. It might not be better, but it would be more professional. But the down side would be less traffic, wich means less $$. And we all know that althoug LS may have started out as a nice little forum, it has grown beyond that and is now a full fledged business. Congrats to Sean on that, I wish I was as insightful.

Since much of this hubbub started as a result of off-topic banter. why not remove the off topic forums altogether....

ok maybe not...

Mike how do you feel about the Irish and Gators in the Sugar Bowl....
Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Marc, I will double check with Sean and make sure he looks at the email you sent to him.

As far as the Irish and Gators, I guess we'll have to wait and see...I saw on ESPN last night where Kirk Herbstreit said Notre Dame may play Michigan in the Rose Bowl, so who knows...I'd love for the Irish and Gators to meet.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I read this thread with interest.....

But I only hear one side of the story. I guess that is to be expected when the person telling to story also controls what is said.... ie.. deleting posts of the other side of the story?

Much like this post and this account will be deleted also?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad you guys are being honest now with the truth, instead of saying it was from the Spammers.

The PM system was being used to recruit people to other forums, by bitter former members of this site.

If any member feels the need to be told what to do by a group of bullys, then this site is better off without that member anyways.

Turn on our PM's already. By letting the cat out of the bag with the truth, it takes away the only weapon the former members have.
Closed Thread