The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnHunter
I read this thread with interest.....

But I only hear one side of the story. I guess that is to be expected when the person telling to story also controls what is said.... ie.. deleting posts of the other side of the story?

Much like this post and this account will be deleted also?
hey Lawnhunter, I had been watching you. I knew it was just a matter of time for you show up AGAIN, and post under ANOTHER fictional name.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

John,
you are one of the best things to this site. I love the pics you posts, always brings a smile to my face, and Matt when thinking about equipment purchases, Matt always says, "wonder what Gamba thinks about it." you know your stuff.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS

BTW Jody,

Less than a month till Christmas!
Time is going to fly, it will be here before we know it... and I won't let you guys forget that it is coming fast, all you have to do is keep reading my sig line.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith
Jodi.

I bit at nothing. Quite a bit has transpired in last few weeks both infront of and behind the curtain. I'm not one to just willy-nilly accept facts at face value without some kind of digging.

My email was sent 10 days ago. To date I still had not recieved a reply. Just passing along fact, not running with the bait or stoking the fire.

Sean
I resent the email.

Both LS and LC are great sites. and for anyone wanting to start up a business with out any prior knowledge a valuable resource for the most part. Its the internet and now that trolling is soon be an olympic sport there will always be pot stirrers and one person being mulitple trolls and such....And the only wya to learn who is who is to post and learn and lurk.

Did discussions get out of hand. yup....Would LS be any better with out the off topic and non business discussions. It might not be better, but it would be more professional. But the down side would be less traffic, wich means less $$. And we all know that althoug LS may have started out as a nice little forum, it has grown beyond that and is now a full fledged business. Congrats to Sean on that, I wish I was as insightful.

Since much of this hubbub started as a result of off-topic banter. why not remove the off topic forums altogether....

ok maybe not...

Mike how do you feel about the Irish and Gators in the Sugar Bowl....

Lawnsite has always had the ignore button. You don't like a person(s) then put them on Ignore. This was not about not liking somebody or what they said. This was about a small group banding together to intimidate/trash the forum to get their way. Like Jodi said when that didn't happen they went on a recruiting/trash Lawnsite spree. We are not going to let them change the forum then or now
Old 11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan
Marc, I will double check with Sean and make sure he looks at the email you sent to him.

As far as the Irish and Gators, I guess we'll have to wait and see...I saw on ESPN last night where Kirk Herbstreit said Notre Dame may play Michigan in the Rose Bowl, so who knows...I'd love for the Irish and Gators to meet.
I doubt you'd see a rematch, especial from such a lopsided score from the first game....I think LSU will get the nod for the Rose bowl....Gators are going to be stuck withthe sugar bowl as SEC champs...
Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM

I mean really, this small group were the kings of smash mouth/intimidate/threaten talk and all of a sudden they are offended by silly internet talk??? Give me a break!!! Too bad so many fell for that crock of you know what
Old 11-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith
I doubt you'd see a rematch, especial from such a lopsided score from the first game....I think LSU will get the nod for the Rose bowl....Gators are going to be stuck withthe sugar bowl as SEC champs...

I would agree with you...that's just what Herbstreit had said...I think Florida and Notre Dame would be a great matchup
Old 11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
John,
you are one of the best things to this site. I love the pics you posts, always brings a smile to my face, and Matt when thinking about equipment purchases, Matt always says, "wonder what Gamba thinks about it." you know your stuff.

That was in Manhattan this past Friday. My daughter is going to go to collage there to be on Broadway and she told me that it would be nice to get a Christmas gift from there seeing its where Broadway is. Does matt need something too.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnHunter
I read this thread with interest.....

But I only hear one side of the story. I guess that is to be expected when the person telling to story also controls what is said.... ie.. deleting posts of the other side of the story?

Much like this post and this account will be deleted also?
Go peddle your crap someplace else. Oh take this back to the cave --- look for a great pic to be posted in lc soon
Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hope I don't get banned but it may be good for me, I spend way too much time on site. So let me be sure I get this straight.

Some members of the site were recruiting to start their own site and they did'nt PM me? I feel disrespected. They subsequently were banned from site?

I am surprised and probably a bit naive. How could a group that you consider to be unprofessional and overbearing be a threat to lawn site? I would rather have lawn site be filled with educated adults that can handle a little abuse when they are talking out their proverbial rear end. Then a bunch of teenagers asking the same questions over and over again.

I just don't see how they posed a threat to Lawn site or how they could be bad for the on line green industry. Like everything else let the market decide. I hope I am dealing with adults each and every time I come to lawn site. Adults are capable of making good decisions if given the chance. Perhaps you made the right call for the business that is lawn site. I'm not so sure for the members that make up lawn site. At least I would have liked to make that decision for myself.
Closed Thread