Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener
Hope I don't get banned but it may be good for me, I spend way too much time on site. So let me be sure I get this straight.

Some members of the site were recruiting to start their own site and they did'nt PM me? I feel disrespected. They subsequently were banned from site?

I am surprised and probably a bit naive. How could a group that you consider to be unprofessional and overbearing be a threat to lawn site? I would rather have lawn site be filled with educated adults that can handle a little abuse when they are talking out their proverbial rear end. Then a bunch of teenagers asking the same questions over and over again.

I just don't see how they posed a threat to Lawn site or how they could be bad for the on line green industry. Like everything else let the market decide. I hope I am dealing with adults each and every time I come to lawn site. Adults are capable of making good decisions if given the chance. Perhaps you made the right call for the business that is lawn site. I'm not so sure for the members that make up lawn site. At least I would have liked to make that decision for myself.

If you think a site can sustain it self with 5 people, try it. there has been allot of complaints by the starting members about the children that are there paying the bills on the other site.

Its like, why are the newbies here and not over there.what happend
Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener
Hope I don't get banned but it may be good for me, I spend way too much time on site. So let me be sure I get this straight.

Some members of the site were recruiting to start their own site and they did'nt PM me? I feel disrespected. They subsequently were banned from site?

I am surprised and probably a bit naive. How could a group that you consider to be unprofessional and overbearing be a threat to lawn site? I would rather have lawn site be filled with educated adults that can handle a little abuse when they are talking out their proverbial rear end. Then a bunch of teenagers asking the same questions over and over again.

I just don't see how they posed a threat to Lawn site or how they could be bad for the on line green industry. Like everything else let the market decide. I hope I am dealing with adults each and every time I come to lawn site. Adults are capable of making good decisions if given the chance. Perhaps you made the right call for the business that is lawn site. I'm not so sure for the members that make up lawn site. At least I would have liked to make that decision for myself.

I don't think "they" like you.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
I don't think "they" like you.
Somehow I'm not surprised. Confused as to why, but not surprised. Actually I can't even figure out who they are, and you know the whole "curiosity killed the gardener thing". Driving me nuts, at least until my kids get home. Then they will take over the driving me nuts shift.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Az, The people in question barely posted in the professional forums.

They preferred to go around gang-posting on others. As a whole, I think the forum is a lot better without them.

Even if I felt that Lawnsite was wrong in banning them (which I don't), I wouldn't leave Lawnsite because of the professional forums I am active in. I lurk in the irrigation sections of other forums, but they don't have the quality members that we have here.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just lurked over at their new home for a minute, Ironicly they are already starting to turn on themselves again.

These posters are low life scum that don't belong here. Anyone who misses them can join them.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
I just lurked over at their new home for a minute, Ironicly they are already starting to turn on themselves again.

These posters are low life scum that don't belong here. Anyone who misses them can join them.

No. i like it the way it is now.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water

"Their new home". I checked it out for the first time yesterday, it's pretty chaotic in some parts(more than it seems on here on LS)- and not to the point where it's funny, more off to the point where it's a bit annoying. I can't say much at all because it's really not "my home." But like John said earlier , you get near the knowledge and support that we've got here anywhere else.

Last edited by nmez21; 11-27-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Charles, I bet you are waiting for me to chide in on this one?

Veritas and æquitas
Old 11-27-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindblomRJ
Charles, I bet you are waiting for me to chide in on this one?
Ya and I got a itchy trigger finger tonight
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Ya and I got a itchy trigger finger tonight
LOL.

I am going to try to stay out of fray.

Do I need to change my sig?

Veritas and æquitas
Closed Thread