I am going to try to stay out of fray.

Do I need to change my sig?
Might help
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan
John...thanks for spilling the beans

prostriper...I apologize for coming off that way, but, by no means was I implying that we do not appreciate the members of this site. As Jodi, and others, have pointed out, we have had some problems with a small group of people and it can get quite bothersome with posts being made about our judgement and character on how to run the site.

It was not necessarily meant to be directed at you with my response, so please don't take offense to it.

Thanks.

I understand your job can be quite stressful at times dealing with everyones BS and the Callender girls. And I'm not telling you how to do your job. And I understand that you were getting frustrated with all the "why aren't my PM's working"?

But as a moderator you are a pillar of this site you keep the blood pumping. Along with this comes alot of responsibility, including self control and restraint of actual feelings and frustrations. I know its hard, believe me I am part Irish as well, and German, I have quite the temper.

Like I said in an earlier post if someone were to treat anyone, not just me, at a store that way I would make it known and possibly never return. Some here may have done that. I am quite possibly not the only one that took it this way. Even though I joined in 2004 I have been coming to this site since 99 when it was a somewhat cheezy little sight with two thousand members and only a handfull of posts a week ( I believe I started an account back then but I couldn't remember when I came back after a 5 or 6 month hieatus). I can't believe it is what it is now and can't wait to see 100,000 members here.

But alot of that growth lays on the shoulders of the moderators. Were like one big freaking disfunctional family that are all leaning on one another and if one falls many could follow.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad or bad mouth you. So please don't take it that way. I am only looking out for what is best for Lawnsite.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you are not going to bash the members of this forum
Charles
Old 11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
I'm glad you guys are being honest now with the truth, instead of saying it was from the Spammers.

The PM system was being used to recruit people to other forums, by bitter former members of this site.

If any member feels the need to be told what to do by a group of bullys, then this site is better off without that member anyways.

Turn on our PM's already. By letting the cat out of the bag with the truth, it takes away the only weapon the former members have.
Jon, I appreciate your input.
I think what is perceived as not being fully honest with the members or not caring about the members, is really just about taking "the high road". As you can tell, I for one do not want to go back and forth with a few disgruntled members that have nothing better than to do, than to keep signing up new names to harrass us here. This thread proved that, this is what they thrive on. It's a shame that some people have taken things so seriously, that this is all the have to do in their lives is to bash an internet forum.
Lawnsite.com is what it is, a great learning tool for the industry, new comers, and veterans combined. Let's all enjoy it for now.
This thread I noticed was closed, I guess it will remain closed, as I have better things to do than to watch 10 "new" members sign up who supposedly don't want anything to do with lawnsite, come post on this thread.
Closed Thread