Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Possibilities

Is it possible to have a thread that offers constructive criticism not deleted?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:21 PM

What you posted is not going to happen and there is no going back. People have burned their bridges. We don't need anybody critiquing the quality of post and threads here by our wonderful members. Thanks for your concern.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

yes it is possible, but it depends where you go with it from here. falsehoods or untruths about lawnsite are not going to be permitted. much like in your real business I expect you would not tolerate harrassment or untruths spread about you to your customers.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

oops, charles and I sorta responded at the same time. let's see where you go with this, but mind you, we are not looking to "run a circus" here. I don't expect to see any "new" sign ups, jumping on the bandwagon.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was stating Chucky that there is an increasing void of knowlegeable industry insiders that started when our friends left. There were no untruths nor lies in my post but it was deleted anyway because you didn't like the message, is that not true?

I used to be the President of New Hampshire #1 political website. We also had a message board. There were vast diferences of opinion but we never deleted a post no matter how much they disparaged us.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Eric,
First of all, his name is Charles, by calling him Chucky is being disrespectful, do you agree? I have never seen Charles call himself "Chucky" before, have you?

I do not want to dissect the members posts, but if you were to scan briefly, and without naming names, you would find that a lot of the posts were geared to the off topic forum, nothing green industry related. Then of course there were the many posts from newbies that were quickly crucified by these old time members on their very first threads. I would say some of these old time members were not very welcoming to the new crowd. Last, let's not forget the "subtle threatening" posts that always had a double meaning. I for one do not miss the threatening posts. Do you? This is something that we are hoping that we have overcome, we want EVERYONE to feel welcome here.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom can we get the members age up under the location of member. It gets pretty silly in here when you try to ask advice and some kid who thought of mowing a lawn tells a sesoned vet how the best way to do it is. I think it might help out some
Old 11-27-2006, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have to disagree with you Jodi. IMO a greater amount of good came from these older members. I own a substantial company, but i learned a great deal from many, many of the older members. I am tired of talking politics as I spent the greater part of 4 years running a popular site so, I didn't hang out it the OT too much too much as my time was mostly used to help new folks with advise.

I think there were great mistakes on both sides of this argument and it is the younger members who are going to miss some of the great insight that has been given.

As for calling Chucky chucky.....his banter is far worse than mine...he can take it.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

William
Thanks for your input. Your suggestion has been noted and will be discussed. Please understand, I do not make final decisions around here, I just try to talk to the members and see how or what we can do to make things better for all our members. I have always cared about Lawnsite and its members, no doubt about it.
I also do not mind constructive criticism at all, and as of late I have had to have very broad shoulders, as I have been called many names, and many lies have been circulated about me. This is why I have kept this thread open, so members can see that Lawnsite.com is all about having a good forum where we can all learn. Afterall, isn't that why we are all here? To talk about green industry related topics???
Old 11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodKing
IMO a greater amount of good came from these older members.
I agree with you to an extent... BUT that was years ago. YES, lots of good info was exchanged, i will not dispute that. BUT the past year, no way, Lawnsite.com became their "hang zone" to boost their ego, to ridicule and threaten members, and when those posts became deleted, they then claimed, "the moderators were out to get them."
We are only trying to run a site that keeps everyone happy.