Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2000, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering what kind of response you guys were getting from your yellow page ads if it was worth the money i am one of those solo operators so i was wondering if i ran 1 for 1 year if i would get enough work to keep me busy right now i have 15 full time acct i would like to get about 20-25 more i cant decide if i should get the 1/6 page add or 1/4 page add i have untill oct to decide so i guess it depends on how much money i can put away this summer, thank you in advance<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 03-20-2000, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

CJC,<br>Ihave used yellow pgs. for the last 4 yrs., even when I was part time & I've always had to turn down work.<br>Start with a smaller ad; people tend to think big ad=big price to cut their lawn. I started with the 1&quot; x 2&quot; ad & it worked great. This year I moved up to the 1/8 page for $136 a month. It will take 2 small res. accts. to pay for that ad; anything else new I add this year is icing on the cake.<br>I'm a believer in yell. pgs., cause not everyone gets the paper, not everyone watches 'channel 2 ads', not everyone listens to the radio station you adv. on at the exact time your ad airs, but EVERYONE has a phone book, & that's where I look if I need a plumber, pest control, etc.<br>Start small & build up- good luck<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>
Old 03-20-2000, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have an example of a yellow page ad? If so I was wondering if I could have a copy. THANKS
Old 03-21-2000, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

CJC,<br> Yellow Pages ads are good value.We would<br>not have gotten off the ground without it.
Old 03-21-2000, 07:10 AM

Hello Everybody:<p>I got a lot of work from the yellow pages. It is worth every penny spent.<p>You do not have a targeted area though, but I received quite a bit of commercial work through it. You also get a few crap calls too.<p>I started out with a larger add around $150 a month. Later I just got a smaller ad & to tell you the truth I didn't notice a difference in the responce.<p>I would opt for the smaller ad. Take the difference & purchase fliers targeting the area I want to work in!<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/
Old 03-21-2000, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

DITTO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.........I GET CALLS EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK RIGHT NOW AND GOT PLENTY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. BUDGET FOR IT, DO IT, AND GET READY. AS SOON AS THE NEW BOOKS COME OUT YOU WILL BE LOOKING FOR SOME HELP!<p><br>HOMER