Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2007, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why can't I send PMs or email any members?

Quote:
crescentcountryboy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
This is what i get when i go to the Sending Private Messages section of FAQ, i click on the link of 'Send A Private Message' and it gives me to message i just quoted.

I'm not sure what I did or didn't do, or whether this problem is related to me at all, but obviously my account's activated since i can post this thread.

I notice that any link related to contacting someone is under/within some sort of vBulletin headline, and anything with the vBulletin headline forbids access to me. Is it because I am so new? What gives?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Moderator

welcome to Lawnsite, Crescent.
Normally, a member has to wait 10 days and have 10 posts before he can send private messages. You have enough posts, just haven't been a member for enough days. But I have went ahead and activated your pm's, please check to make sure they are working.
thanks,
Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, the option is there when i click on someone's (yours for example) username. Thanks for the early present and the welcoming. And i noticed you moved my thread to the appropriate category. Again, thank you so much
Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior Moderator

You're welcome, glad I could be of help. Enjoy yourself here, lots to read and learn.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom View Post
You're welcome, glad I could be of help. Enjoy yourself here, lots to read and learn.
Absolutely. I've already learned tons. And to think I thought I was going to learn more from a manual on ebay. Kudos on the fantastic job you moderators and administrators have done with the site and making it so friendly and helpful.

Well, I need to hit the sack, so I'll take advantage of my priveleges when I get off from school tommorrow.