Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanx I'm Glad everyone likes my comment....But the sad thing is that it's true,To make things worse, Have you ever heard the comment " Things don't always go as planned"?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the second biggest thing that bothers me about this site besides all the spam "stickys" at the top of the board

The mods are so quick to jump on a thread and move it if its about a lawn mower and is in the wrong section but ADD topics should be in off topic

Back to the subject everyone i know has either slight or severe ADD (i swear its the water in my town or the massive amounts of weed done in my school)

Aderrol is what i hear as the best treatment from a few friends who actually got diagnosed by a doctor. 3 people i know jumped from C+ students to A students because it helped them concentrate that much and

.. Its addictive like many drugs and used recreationally so dont pop them like skittles. College stress makes alot of my friends take them b4 test nights because it keeps you up and helps you concentrate and remember eveyrthing

^^ I drive a 55k daily driver and a 5k work truck while every other lco owner is the opposite and would rather drive an f550 as an everyday car

Work like a slave eat like a king
Old 12-28-2006, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLandscapes View Post
the second biggest thing that bothers me about this site besides all the spam "stickys" at the top of the board
I agree with you on that.

However, the sponsors pay the bills, so it's to be expected. And the site is free, so it needs to be financed somehow.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

i have ADD and i have medicin for it since ive been on my medicine its helped me concentrate and help me control my anger problem.
craftsman 21''
mtd blower
2 weedeaters
Old 12-28-2006, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Mowtown...I didn't even read any responses to your post so I hope I'm not repeating anyone...I think it's the business that elevates this type of behavior...I am a very mello and focused individual that people barely notice sometimes, by the numbers kind of guy (most of the time)...however, I've noticed that ever since I chose to start this business a few months ago my mind has been racing...almost out of control.

As long as you are seeking help you should be just fine. I just don't think this business, or running any business is HEALTHY for those with ADD or ADHD, although it's usually those that have it that are most successfull at running a business.

www.andrewlawn.com'>http://andrewlawn.com">andrewlawn.com
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Damnit, after reading most of this, I have pretty well concluded that I MIGHT have ADD. I have a hard time focusing on school stuff and a real hard time remembering some stuff. That is kinda ironic because I had a 4.0 first trimester, and real close to that currently. Guess I ought go to the doctor or whatever and get diagnosed for sure. I am kinda afraid to tell my mom or dad, because I am sure they think that ADD=Dumb or something, and that I am just looking for an excuse for whatever. Is there any OTC stuff I could get without a prescription?

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Doctor said i had it a long time ago and parents didn't believe em! It has become very evident to me, my friends and family in the last 6 months! my mind just keeps going and going non stop, makes school hard because most of the thought are about working and such! pita, especially trying to sleep, can't slow my mind down, takes about an hour and a half to fall asleep!!!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No there are deffinatly not any otc meds since most are highly addictive if taken wrong or have some bad side effects. My grades have been droping and my concentration has been falling as well in school. I dont want to tell me parents becuse I absolulty hate pills and dont want to take them again!!!! but i may have to eventauly
Old 01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

EVERYONE PICK UP THE NEW "NEWYORKER" MAGAZINE 4 PAGE ARTICLE ANYONE WHO TAKES MEDS FOR ADD,DEPRESSION OR ARE PLANNING TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR IT....

SHOWS what could happen to your life if u choose the wrong doctor

^^ I drive a 55k daily driver and a 5k work truck while every other lco owner is the opposite and would rather drive an f550 as an everyday car

Work like a slave eat like a king
Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

My husband was diagnosed with it at the age of 45. He was going in all different directions and would even lose his way driving. He takes Paxil now and is alot better. It slows him down and helps him focus.

I on the other hand, have an anxiety disorder but that's another story.