Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

private messages

I just noticed another local lawn care company on here and I wanted to send a private message to the owner but I am not authorized to do this. Why? and What do I need to do so that I can?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:48 AM

You need to be a member for 10 days AND have 10 post as it says in the thread above this one
Old 12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, I missed that. Better get posting.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey MR. Greenjeans by any chance have you been to weiss farms??
Old 12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I found you. Whats up
Old 12-24-2006, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

How's it been going? I bought out a guy in ludlow. He had already weeded out all the customers that were not paying on time and anyone else who was a problem. I ended up loseing one customer, and that was before I had even mowed it. All the others stayed with me. They all pay on time and tell me that I do a better job than the guy I bought out. It was a gamble but it worked out very well for me. I consider myself very lucky indeed.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats cool. Where are the accounts Ludlow? must be nice now that the bridge is open again. How many accouts did you get?
Old 12-24-2006, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I got 23. Two in chicopee, one in indian orchard, one in wilbraham and the rest in ludlow. The only thing that bites is those days when it might rain at any time. I have a ways to drive and it sucks when you drive all the way out there and it pours before your done with one lawn.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You didn't seem to happy with Joe back when I saw you at Acres in the spring. Remember when you stop and chatted with me down on Blacksmith rd over the summer. I drove up that other road you used to mow and saw Joe up there. It was him and his kid. He didn't say anything bad. Said you started on you own. Was it a bad break up or what.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I was looking for a trailer. I was at Daves Truck Repair with Joe and we ran into the guy from ludlow. I took his card and called him a few weeks later. I looked at the trailer and didn't really want it but he offered me the whole thing, Mowers, truck, trailer, customer list, even rakes and hand tools for 20K. It didn't take alot of thinking to decide what I wanted to do. I told him I was trying to get a loan but if the loan didn't work out the way I wanted it that I was going to pay cash. I told him that the guy wanted out by Aug 1 but I would help him when I could. Well, I had the same rain that he had but he wanted me to work for him on mondays and tuesdays. I couldn't do that every week and leave my customers for the end of the week when it was going to rain. Then when I went to pick up my last check he leaves a note saying I owe him $300.00 for a scratch that I put in the truck three years ago. WTF! I talked to another lawn person and was told that I should have given him more notice. I guess he was bitching to them about me. He hasn't spoken to me since. I made the decision that best helped me support my family. Like he used to say when he let someone go, It's not personal it's business.