Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-26-2006, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

200 gal seal rite pickup unit review???

has anyone had one of these seal rite pickup spray units??? Icalled seal rite and the guy wanted to sell me the 700! Im looking to start a small business that I can do on the side and I have an f350 so I think this is the best bet and if I want to upgrade than I will...opinions appreciated thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Exclamation

These are good units but you probably mentioned expanding.
These are built great etc. No complaints from anyone BUT they do take up your pickup bed so if you have only one truck it goes wherever you do...
And 200 is very small.
No commercial work or anything, like you said just a few driveways & then time for a refill & remix. So if you mentioned expanding later or only having one truck they would have naturally suggested a trailer unit that will handle the bigger stuff or LOTS of drives.
The little 200's are great units though as far as their construction, durability, etc. But they are what they are...small "starter" units (small capacity, smaller pump system, etc)
There is also not as big a resale market for these in most areas so if you decide in a year to sell & buy bigger a 200 won't hold as much value as a 550+ class will. However some sealcoaters keep them as they grow for just small driveways (if they buy a bigger machine for other stuff) or for shooting primer or their "low grade" mix (if they offer both a "premium sealer and a cheaper mix) so they don't have to change materials in the new "big" tank.
Feel free to repeat your question on our forums...LOTS of Seal-Rite owners there

Pavement Information/Education
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with NPCA

I have one of those units. You can suprising cover a good amount of ground with one of those. We run one doing residentials and even use it to do cut-ins on the commercial.

Just remember, within reason, you cant go too big with the machines but you can easily go too small.

Heres what you need to consider.

What types of jobs....Residential? Commercial?
How far is your supplier?
Your budget
Old 01-10-2007, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget that your truck must be spec'd to handle the load. The DOT is pulling over all size trucks here, and I've seen many get the plates yanked, for being overweight.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Procut-- My budget is in the $6000 range.. The next step up is $4000 more for the 300 gal... I am pretty much stuck on the 200 as it will be the marketing for my start up business by people seeing it in my truck... then maybe next year or the year after I will step it up... I work a 9-5 so Im just looking to make a few bucks on the side on the weekends just doing driveways... I will not have any trouble getting rid of it if I need to ive seen 3 for sale that have sold in days.... I have an f350 so my truck will easily handle it... the supplier is only about 15 min away