Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rainbird Select Contractor Trip in January.

Is nobody from Lawnsite joining me in Puerto Vallarta???

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 12-29-2006, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Since we order everything through HD Fowler, and the we only use 3 rainbird products for our residential work (The 1800 series, DVF-100's, and the ESP timers), we don't get cool offers like this.

Would be nice

That said, is it possible to be a Rainbird Select contractor without ordering directly from RB and being able to use other brands?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't matter who you order from. All suppliers will track and report your Rainbird sales to Rainbird Rewards once you've signed up for that program. I don't think anyone orders directly from Rainbird. As much as I wish I could, I don't think that's really possible. They only sell through distributors / suppliers like HD Fowler, et al.

There are 3 levels to the Rainbird Rewards program. The first level is easy. Anyone qualifies for it. It just involves signing up. If you're already purchasing RB products, then you definitely are missing out if you're not signed up for their Rewards Program. You get points for buying what you're already buying. The points add up. And if you want to redeem them for smaller stuff like hats and jackets then you can do that fairly quickly. But it's better to save the points until you have enough to qualify for their trips. They have a Rainbird Rewards Trip every year or two. Usually in Las Vegas. It's a short trip. But it's a lot of fun to go to and you get to meet and trade knowledge with a lot of other irrigators from around the U.S.

So just at this first level, you can enjoy some of the benefits of the points program and some of the trips they offer, yes. And also at this level, you can still use as much or as little RB products as you want. No requirements at this level - just rewards.

Find out more here;
http://www.rainbird.com/rewards/index-contractor.htm

After that, there are two higher levels of Rewards member. The first is the Select Contractor and the highest level is the 100% Select Contractor. Both of those programs have requirements that you have to meet in order to be involved. But even those requirements are a little negotiable. If you find you would qualify for most of the requirements listed but are deficient in one of them, then you just meet with your local RB rep and figure out a way to work that out. I can tell you that once they know you're interested, they will do quite a bit to help you out.

As a select contractor, one of the requirements is that you use at least 80% RB components on systems you install. So I don't know if your systems qualify for that or not.

Of course, at these higher levels, you get more points, per dollar spent. So you earn points quicker at these higher levels than you do at the basic Rewards level. And of course that comes with some commitment on your end in return. But then you also qualify for much better trips.

The rewards trips are fun. But the Contractor Fly-Ins and the Select Contractor conferences, etc. are even more fun. They are longer, and you rep. just wines and dines you the entire time. It's great. My last trip I didn't have to bring out my wallet for the entire trip. They took care of my EVERYTHING!

If you don't have enough points saved up to qualify for a trip, you always have the option to pay for the trip partially with points and partially with credit card. I have been fortunate enough that we always had enough points to pay for the trips they've taken me on. But for those who don't do quite as much volume, you can still attend these trips. You'd just end up paying for part of the trip yourself.

Find out more about these two higher levels here;
http://www.rainbird.com/rewards/selectcontractor.htm

Last edited by JimLewis; 12-29-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Below are a few pics from my last trip with them in October. The two guys in Yellow shirts are the RB reps for Oregon and Washington. And the rest of the people in the pics are just us contractors from the NW. That day, the larger group of about 60 contractors from around the U.S. broke up into smaller regional groups and went to different outings organized by their reps. We went to a desert museum and a nice steak house in that limo. It was great because you get to know your rep. better and you get to hang out and relax with other guys from your region.

Attached Images

Old 12-30-2006, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That picture in front of the limo looks a lot like AZ. Well not a lot, exactly like AZ.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, that was the Contractor Fly-In trip they took me on in Tucson, AZ - Rainbird Headquarters.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to the contractor fly in last nov. of 2005 to Tucson. Had a great time!

Since 1994
www.kosterirrigation.com
Old 12-31-2006, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to burst your bubble but a bunch of guys in a limo cant be to much fun.

Right now i am saving my points fot the 52" flat screen tv.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it was 8 guys and 1 lady (on guy had his wife along). But we were all having a great time, I guarantee you that.

I guess there could be more fun to be had in a limo, but that wouldn't be appropriate for a business conference.

Still, the jeep 4x4 dessert tour, flight museum tour, steakhouse dinners, and staying up late drinkin' with other contractors from around the U.S. was about as much fun as I could expect to have at a business conference. Besides, 2 days of that trip was on a Thurs. and Friday. I would have normally just been working. And being in a limo, hanging out in the sun, was certainly a lot more fun than being back in rainy Oregon raking leaves.

The Puerto Vallarta trip has even more fun stuff planned - all on them.

I already have a 52" DLP. Travel and good times is a lot more fun to me.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was just giving you a hard time man. I would love to do that one day.