Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Jim for undestanding how the forum is run. Your posts, and I don't mean just this one, speak volumes on how you run your business. I think all of us learn a little something every time you make a post.
Here's to wishing you another great season in 2007.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom View Post
Thanks Jim for undestanding how the forum is run. Your posts, and I don't mean just this one, speak volumes on how you run your business. I think all of us learn a little something every time you make a post.
Here's to wishing you another great season in 2007.
Thanks! I know it's going to be a great year. Because "every battle is won, before it is ever fought". And I'm busy planning on how we can make this next year better than ever. My creativity amazes even me.... jk

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 01-02-2007, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have learned so much for this site that I have to blame this thread on frustration. I understand how Lawnsite is profitable and I admire Sean for building this network. I enjoy reading posts from members like Jim and DVS Hardscaper, ect. It has given me much insight that could take years to develop. I fully apologize for this thread, if I weren't so certain that it will be disputed to Lawnsite's benefit, I would hoped it was "killed".
Old 01-03-2007, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If I may chime in here for just a moment, also. Team-Green, you mentioned (and I quote) "I've seen less information on the "new threads", maybe I am using this site wrong? Is there a better way of locating informative threads without searching for a specific topic and avoiding chat?"
This may be something you already know, but hopefully this can be of some help or enlightenment. The search feature is basically like a software program within itself. There is so much you can do with the advanced search. Not only when searching for things, can you insert different words by placing AND between them or search different words by placing OR between them, but you can also combine these two, as well. For instance, If I wanted to find something on say for instance....the hydro system on a Lazer. I want to know about both the pumps and the motors. I can enter the words Exmark AND hydro AND pump OR motor. This will give me every thread that has the words Exmark, hydro, and pump in them AND it will give me all the threads that have the words Exmark, hydro AND motor in them. All this within a single search, instead of doing two separate searches. This is just one example of how it works. I hope this helps.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, see I did not know that. My frustration has probably come from my own ignorance. I will try that method of searching.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny. the search functions (adding AND/OR between words) I never knew either. Iv'e asked about the search feature many times and did my best to word my frustrations with it yet nobody has ever explained how it works! For instance; I wanted to search for "walker walkbehind" Well I'd get 100,000 posts that had the WORDS walker or walkbehind in them. I had no idea that if I'd put "walker AND walkbehind" I'd actualy get what I was looking for!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can also use quotations to enclose your search.

For example:

Walker Mower would return all pages that contain the words Walker and Mower, but not neccessarily together, but:

"Walker Mower"

would only return the pages that have those two words next to each other.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the useful tips on searching. I was using the search the same way and getting thousands of hits. Those tips were great!

Billy