Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
Saw ya again today. I was sitting at Walgreens on main and westgate. That walker looked nice on that trailer.
yeah its pretty good, but slower, just got to get used to it. U seen me just right after i picked it up from the store,lol. I remember westgate,lol, cause of the road work. i dont think i seen u though, but i know i seen u across the spirit at some business building
Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
Saw ya again today. I was sitting at Walgreens on main and westgate. That walker looked nice on that trailer.

i had posted a thread, but havent heard from u
Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey i'm near Dothan and have been considering starting a lawn care business. Can you help me out on what licenses and stuff i need to operate legally?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

help on licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0wNG0 View Post
Hey i'm near Dothan and have been considering starting a lawn care business. Can you help me out on what licenses and stuff i need to operate legally?

in order to get a lawn care license u have to go to the administration building 1st floor to the right and talk to them on what u want. Where at near dothan do u live. I have been in business for about a year now, and just really not to long ago started pressure washing. have u seen me around anywhere in town, i have my truck on the avatar.

I had about 50 accounts when i was 9 months into the year on my first year, and now since it is fall they are decreaseing. This time of year everything slows down, but u can still make good profit my bagging(pinstraw) and mulching(leaves) or bagging the leaves in the fall and other add ons

Matt

Last edited by J & M Lawn Care; 11-08-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

help on licenses

forgot to mention also

I worked with orkin for 5 years, working for them and making them all the money. As i was working with them i watched and talked to others lawn care operators and learned everything from them. Been working for myself making my own money and love it

Last edited by J & M Lawn Care; 11-08-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks. I live in Wicksburg. How hard is it to get accounts in this area? I dont need that many to cover costs, but i will basically be starting with no accounts.

Sorry but i haven't seen your signs, but your truck looks familiar

Last edited by M0wNG0; 11-08-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
thanks. I live in Wicksburg. How hard is it to get accounts in this area? I dont need that many to cover costs, but i will basically be starting with no accounts.

Sorry but i haven't seen your signs, but your truck looks familiar
its not really that hard ,just takes time, there is so much compition out there,lol. Just have to get you name out there, with fliers, business cards, door to door, and more, but some people dont like that. On some people there first year is rough cause no one knows u and how your work is performed. Second year gets fairly easy and so on and so on. Yellow book is a waste of money,i looked into but never tried it and probaly never will. I got a call this morning about a open bid for 17 banks here in town, so i have to drive by them and walk them and determain a price here in a few days

My wifes aunts husband, brother-in-law owns a big lawn care business(countryside lawn care) from panama city to here in dothan, he covers 95 miles. He just recently bought a lawn care company out here 3 months ago

People look everything up on the computer now a days

what kind of equipment do u have, any pics

Last edited by J & M Lawn Care; 11-08-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry really no equipment yet. Just the Truck and a 5x8 tilt trailer(that i hope i can use at least a little while).

I just got interested in it, and have been searching on here for more information.

Any suggestions on equipment?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Sorry really no equipment yet. Just the Truck and a 5x8 tilt trailer(that i hope i can use at least a little while).

I just got interested in it, and have been searching on here for more information.

Any suggestions on equipment?
Well i have a exmark with triton deck 23hp 60in cut($8,700) and a Walker GHS 20hp with 42in cut($10,000) and stihil weedeater, blower, edgar, hedge trimmer, and extended hedge trimmer with a daul axle trailor.

Exmark is quite fast- big yards
Walker is slow, but performs great- small yards

Just have to go to different turf stores and ask, thats what i did

Time is Money
Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you think the trailer i have can work?
I am only thinking a 48in or 52in ZTR, smaller walk behind or smaller ZTR for small or gated yards,weedeater,blower,edger for now and growing as i need to.