Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0wNG0 View Post
Do you think the trailer i have can work?
I am only thinking a 48in or 52in ZTR, smaller walk behind or smaller ZTR for small or gated yards,weedeater,blower,edger for now and growing as i need to.
yeah that should work, u have to start from some where. I am about $40,000 in debt with everything,lol. So i have to stay busy. Alot of companys are out there, but some will fail for not managing it right.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I am still kinda worried about how many companies are around here and how many people actually want lawn service. If you dont mind me asking, whats the normal rate and services people usually want
Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I am still kinda worried about how many companies are around here and how many people actually want lawn service. If you dont mind me asking, whats the normal rate and services people usually want
Normal rates are around $45-60 a yard, but depending on size and time. I figure the time it takes me to do it. Like $50 a hour. Just anything u think u would want done to your yard, they would want done.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. I am really considering this but i may consider working for someone and learn on the job experience.

Do you fertilize and stuff like that also?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks. I am really considering this but i may consider working for someone and learn on the job experience.

Do you fertilize and stuff like that also?

yeah u might want to work for someone that does lawn care and landscaping so u can learn everything. I wished i did it before i started, but i have a friend that has been in the landscaping business for more than 20 years,i sub jobs to him, and i am on site learning. He owns a country gas station, a nursery for plants and all, a landscaping business, and a lawn care business.

Yes i do fertilize, seeding, thraching, and areating also
Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 AM
LawnSite Member

did you have to get a different license to do that? I think i read something about a landscape contractor/
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes, you have to get a license for fertilizing. If you get caught using round up, you can get fined. Also, there is about 400 to 500 registered lawncare companies in Dothan last time I asked them. You would need to get licensed and insured at least. Just start off with the equipment that you would need, (not want). Just do some research, there is alot of useful info on this site.

J&M, got your email, website looks good, just a few misspelled words. Sorry, haven't been on this board in a while.

Gotta Run,
Jason
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
Yes, you have to get a license for fertilizing. If you get caught using round up, you can get fined. Also, there is about 400 to 500 registered lawncare companies in Dothan last time I asked them. You would need to get licensed and insured at least. Just start off with the equipment that you would need, (not want). Just do some research, there is alot of useful info on this site.

J&M, got your email, website looks good, just a few misspelled words. Sorry, haven't been on this board in a while.

Gotta Run,
Jason

Yea i got the website up and running a few days ago, and already getting calls. I have the website name all over the truck so people can see it. Its very easy to remember,lol
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post

Gotta Run,
Jason

Thanks. Is there room for 1 more solo company, i dont need that many to actually cover cost to begin with and I can slowly build rep from there.

I am starting with no accounts, and would need 10 pretty quick
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate to keep asking about licenses, did you get a LLC or a sole proprietor