Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Member

EverRide Warrior or Country Clipper Brat?

Howdy,

Looking at a leftover (still new) Country Clipper Brat for $4995 (19 hp/48" deck, joystick, heavy pumps, full warranty, good dealer) or a 2005 Everride Warrior for $4500 (25 hp Kawi, 60" deck, 359 hours, good shape, decent dealer). Will mow my place (3-4 acres) & family's place (4-5 acres). I know that these are both bigger than I need, but I am going to work for the RR (will be gone a lot) and want to spend my offtime mowing, not working on the mower. I will have to pay sales tax on either machine, and both are for sale by dealer that handles the brand. What do you fellas suggest?

Thanks!

BW
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with the Everride w/out a doubt. I'd offer $4000.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

definitely WARRIOR...you will NOT be disappointed!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks - you are confirming what I'd rather do. I found out who the previous owner of the EverRide was, and I know the people real well - they are downsizing and needed only their bagger machine (a Walker). My only concern was that they said they would occasionally lose a front deck anti-scalp wheel once in a while. I'm a former fab-shop owner, so I was wondering - should I weld another bracket on the other side of the front anti-scalp wheels (so they are supported/sandwiched on both sides, rather than the wheel just sticking out, hanging off of the spindle)? I could do this myself (and make it look nice), but is it worth it? Would it help or hinder the purpose of the anti-scalp wheels?

Thanks again!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have experience with the Everide but all the positive feed back I hear makes me want to investigate them more closely. I won't lie, you have quite a bit of acreage for a homeowner. Go for the 60" deck. A friend has a similar amount of land and he slays it with a Scag Turf Tiger (yet, he doesn't want to cut grass like you do) . I don't seeing a problem fabing up a support to keep the wheel on. Why not get a lock nut (the ones with the Nylon on the end) and fasten it that way. Locktite works too, heck, combine the two Ideas.