Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

walker blades

Looking to invest in a blade sharpener and possible a balancer, curious to know if the plates and sheerer pins on the walker blades will effect either the sharpener itself or the balancer. I have 6 sets of walker blades i have to do every three to four days, and cant afford to take the plates off every time i sharpen. Thanks AC
Old 12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Sponsor

Hello,

I am not aware of any problems sharpening the Walker blades with our sharpeners. I know some Walker users prefer the MAG-8000 for its more open view when doing left handed blades.

I have heard from some Walker users that they have had issues using the balancer, but I am not aware if they are taking the hubs off or attempting it with the hubs on. I do know that a very large WALKER wholesaler GHS CORP (NC) purchases many of our balancers for their Walker dealer customers.

If there are any WALKER users that view this thread please comment.

Please keep in mind that all of our equipement can be returned in 30 days if it does not accomodate you in anyway.

To be sure, I'll work on getting various Walker blades and doing some in house testing.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 12-20-2006, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

walker blades

thank you for the reply, please keep me informed because i am interested in purchasing a magna-matic, any further insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a small 36" walker deck and I used a magna-matic type balancer for mine with the cups on the blades with no problems. I say "type" because mine is a clone of the magna, not as good...
Old 05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I have no problem balancing blades on Mag balancer. I have a Mag 5000 and have to move the spark shield to the side to do the right hand (backwards) blade on the GHS deck and it works ok. My RBG was better in this instance because you could change rotation and use the other side of the wheel and it doesn't cut into the center of the blade. ___\ But I like the mag better because I only have to do a Left blade once a month, and I do 6 sets a day of normal blades.