Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetan View Post
then i agree with the customer, i would definately give that guy a call back sounds like a really good deal, thanks for allowing me to come out and give you an estimate.......the end
..........drive by the house a few months later no landscaping is done and its more weeded and over grown before ....... you just have to laugh.......
LOLOLOL I thought I was the only one did that, hell yeah there's other smart guys out there!

I get the stuff about they call me in spring and I get there and it's teh SUPER PITA job, as we know it, the grand royal mess...
And then they're like 'ok we want you to do this and LATER we'll get you to core aerate and refurbish our lawn...'
I fell for it a few times, nowadays I'm like 'so why didnt you call me last september, during core aeration season?'

Much like yourself I now drive past a year and two later and still nothing's been done!
And I do laugh.

I later got bored of that tactic, now my latest trick is to quote super high, but I did learn you have to get payment in advance because THEIR latest is to agree and then they never pay

Last edited by topsites; 09-14-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

if your only problem is someone telling you "no" then your good to go. wait till you get the ones that say yes then dont pay you
Old 09-14-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

iam just waiting for the "i agree with the price", then i wont pay you scenario comes up ......
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just for fun, why don't you contact her and tell her that you would really like to have that job, and tell her if she can send you a copy of the orhers offer, you'll do everything you can to beat it by 10%.......
This is just to call her out.....
Don't really try to beat it. You were a little low I thought.
I really think that she may be playing you for a fool.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

ha! its funny seeing that post again. This has been my first year and that was one of the first jobs I ever bid on. I had no idea what I was doing and obviously really under bid, so in hindsight I'm glad I didn't get that job. I've had a great first year and have learned a ton since then. I've had plenty of people since then tell me they can't afford by bid, and now don't sweat it at all. I've actually closed the majority of people who've contacted me and have gotten lots of repeat business and referals ect... Funny now to look back that I was so pissed about losing that job!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Did they ever have any of the work done?