Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

where are the pictures dude
Old 04-08-2007, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a couple pictures of him in philly...
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2007, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

[QUOTE=SuperMag;1764539]QUOTE]

It's amazing to me how the Amish can drive yet a vehicle with slow moving placard can't along a shoulder. I can understand interstates not allowing because of the speeds involved but county roads, etc., should be okay if bicycles, horse drawn carts, and backhoes can do it. Maybe it would open a can of worms but sometimes those in uniform should think about the spirit of the law.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,
Am now in Romney, WV. Everything is going well. Headed very indirectly for Morgantown, WV, Where I have a chance to see another Children's Hospital. Probably won't be there for 4 or 5 more days. But looking forward to it. I am sorry to everyone that web access has been so losy, I had high hopes before the ride began of updateing daily, but no such luck. April 2nd I had the good fortune of visiting The Shriner's Hospital for Children in Philidelphia. What a day, Very inspiring to keep the ride going at all costs. Cos has put together a picture story of it on his website, http://******************/t25663-p-l...-hospital.html I hope everyone likes it as my pics are on a computer in Leesport, PA at the home of a nice couple who put me up for the night. I met them in the American House bar where I stopped for something to eat on the 4th of April and the bar was kind enough to dry my clothes as I slept out in the rain the night before. Everyone at the bar was very helpful, but lo and behold I left my cell phone at that nice couples house, and didn't realize it until I got to Bethel, PA where I met Nate and his crew who are building the new Triborough bridge for NY city. I actually got to work on the bridge and if I ever get to upload my pictures, I have pics of me working on the bridge. That night I stayed with Nate and his girlfriend Tara at thier little piece of paradise, and I do mean paradise. Well they tell me my time is up on this computer so hope to add more soon. Also I have not forgotten all the people in between day 2 and philly, but will have to wait until I can get hours on a computer instead of minutes.

Best to all
Travlndude
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Member

This is truely an amazing story! Best of luck!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

i would mow along the way and make some coin...lol
Old 04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

way to go man if you come thru Mississippi and need anything give us a shout. you can call me thru my website listed in my signature
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Well another eventful day, stayed the night on top of a moutain just west of Old Field, WV then on some very narrow moutain roads with some sights that tourists never see. A beautiful waterfall on Sheer Gap Rd, and some just plain beuuutiful country on Cow Lick Holler Rd.. Came up the moutain on 42 to 93 and saw the largest power plant I have ever seen, along with a large coal mine. Across 93 was a very wet ride to Davis WV to stop at Backwater Plaza where the kind young lady got hold of the local newspaper for me, also unbeknownst to me she arranged for me to spend the night at the Purple Fiddle and dry out. Since there was a public library on the way to the Purple Fiddle, I stopped so I could give a update. Darn 2 days in a row, now thats what I want. Well will post more soon, thanks everyone.

Travlndude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Now it's getting hard to sleep...knowing that a crazed looney is on his way to my neck of the woods on a freakin lawnmower...I hope he doesn't have it in for me. It's almost the kind of stuff that horror movies are made of. LMAO...just kidding. I hope tdude raises a lot of money for charity... I couldn't think of a better way to do it!
By the way Accu-cut Lawn Care, I fully expect that hand shake I spoke about in a earlier post when I come through Chattanooga, also you gotta look real hard at the fine print on the map, but I told you Chatanooga was right next to LALA land, come on get out the magnifying glass LMAO
Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

you are a true hero...hope you don't mind i e-mailed Fox News...maybe they can help raise money for your cause...god bless you
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

they might not read my e-mail....to great of a story...seems like people only won't the worst