Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The last confirmed sighting of Louis is at Trenary Mi, he is camping outside a gas station and has a broken hydro pump, Dixie Chopper were contacted by a friend of mine and it seems DC do not sponsor Lou but are happy to help fix his problems when they arise,,,the problem is that theres are no local DC dealers around and are said to be at least 3-4 hours away, so at the moment he is up shyte creek without a paddle,,,,,,,,,,

If anybody lives near the area or is happy to give him a call and give us an update over the weekend i have the No. for the gas station (pm me) this is a big undertaking and adventure plus he is doing it for charity, so lets give him all the support we can muster no matter what mower you prefer.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i just heard that the rides finished, he is hitch hikeing home and told Dixie Chopper to come and pick up the mower where it came to rest Trenary Mi, lets hope he changes his mind and turns back to continue on his travels.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I Knew He'd Give Up.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well technically the mower died on him and negotations to have it fixed took a turn for the worse, it appears he is disgusted with DC and had no choice but to call it a day, hopefully he turns around and trys to get it somewhere to get fixed, we dont know how many days he was stuck out there, but we will get the full story soon i guess.

Dixie Chopper gained enourmous publicity from this he was on the news in the papers, on the radio etc, the Dixie Chopper stickers were displayed all over the mower, even though they were not sponsors i think more could have been done to keep the wheels turning forward on the mower by them, the fact that he walked off disgusted tells me he was not happy with the support in this instance,,,i do hope he can continue, fingers crossed
Old 05-26-2007, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher View Post
Well technically the mower died on him and negotations to have it fixed took a turn for the worse, it appears he is disgusted with DC and had no choice but to call it a day, hopefully he turns around and trys to get it somewhere to get fixed, we dont know how many days he was stuck out there, but we will get the full story soon i guess.

Dixie Chopper gained enourmous publicity from this he was on the news in the papers, on the radio etc, the Dixie Chopper stickers were displayed all over the mower, even though they were not sponsors i think more could have been done to keep the wheels turning forward on the mower by them, the fact that he walked off disgusted tells me he was not happy with the support in this instance,,,i do hope he can continue, fingers crossed

Wow, sure would make me think twice before buying a Dixie. I guess just because it has "chopper" in the name doesn't mean it can hold up to a little cross country driving. Just imagine.. it failed in this amount of time just on the road, imagine the problems you would have if you were actually mowing with it too on a daily basis.

I think maybe the EverRide company should step up here and offer the use of an EverRide mower for the rest of the journey. EverRide with their name would be a good tie in. "EverRide, helping you finish the job that the other guys just couldn't handle."
Old 05-26-2007, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i am not sure of how long there hydro pumps are suppose to last, but he has covered a lot of distance since early March, some of the back roads would be terrible i would imagine and also he had a load on board (personal effects, camp stuff etc) and i think he has jorneyed through at least 12 states, so all in all i think the mower has done a good job, not being sponsored in a official capacity means than he has not got a road crew travelling behind with a full set of spares and a place to sleep each night, this would place a strain on his travels and would cause fatigue as well, which may have played a big part in this,,,,,,,,,,

Hopefully he has had a change of heart and Dixie can come to the rescue, otherwise we will read his own words here shortly when he arrives home .
Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Heres the man himself during happier times, what a great way to see the country, at just the right speed to.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2007, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

anybody here any new imfo is he really finished
Shindaiwa
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No theres been no more news at present, we are playing a waiting game
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What's sad is I read the paper and watch the news everyday and I never saw anything about this when it started....I would think that Dixie Chopper of Maine could do something to fix this if DC themselves won't!!! I wish he had a few guys with him, one on each kind of mower, talk about the ultimate test.