x8mph=
96 miles

25,000 total miles
/96 miles per day=
260 days

260 days
x12 hours per day=
3120 hours

I don't have an owners manuel but let's say that's 13 oil changes, a couple belt changes, a few hydros and maybe replacing the engine once. And he's not even engaging the blades and hes on paved streets for the most part.

I would like to think that on "The World's Fastest Mower" this could all be done for under $30,000 less then that if he's getting parts at cost.

I'll I know is Walker is the Cat's Meow for all i'm concerned, I've seen numerous walker's with 4000 hours and still running and he's only at about 1000 hours.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Sponsor

He ran 15 mph and only had oil changes and some tires and tighten the drive belt.The pump was not shot it just needed a little attention. Under normal every day mowing you would not put 10hrs straight on your walker or any mower. Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i have been wondering about the hydro pump, i was thinking maybe it needed a little attention perhaps, i wonder when Louie will tells us about his travels, it should be interesting.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Sponsor

I haven't heard from him in over a week He said then he would post in a couple of days.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIE RICK View Post
He ran 15 mph and only had oil changes and some tires and tighten the drive belt.The pump was not shot it just needed a little attention. Under normal every day mowing you would not put 10hrs straight on your walker or any mower. Thanks
At my previous company 2 days a week we would do condo complexes that would mean getting on a Walker at 830 in the morning and not getting off till 7ish and be back to shop by 8 with a half hour lunch, we easily would put 8-9 hours a day on them and close to 40 hours a week on the mowersand put in 60 hour weeks total from the beggining of May until mid June and I was never on a residential route so we spent minimal time driving.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.scarborough.me.us/townhal...s/Map_U040.pdf

90% of the areas in white, the areas in white called Cornerstone, Stoney creek right underneeth the white, and juneberry lane and Millberry lane right where the R060 is was 2 days of work, 2 mowers nonstop, 1 trimmers, and 2 backpack blowers when trimmers are done, each mower geting close to 10 hours a day.

It was days like those that made me want to go solo, and we did run one Dixie Chopper that we got from Dixie Chopper of Maine, the same place he got his Dixie from, and we used to fight over the Walker's because the Dixie was so touchy and leaves turf turns no matter how hard you try, look at the size of the tires, I've seen smaller on ATV's, customers used to complain because they thought we were "mowing with a ttractor"
Old 06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIE RICK View Post
I haven't heard from him in over a week He said then he would post in a couple of days.
So is the ride back on again or what?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Sponsor

No it is over per him and we sent some one after the mower.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travlndude View Post
First let me say that I am not in the lawn or landscape business, although I will probably be riding a lawnmower more than anyone here over the next year. You see I am going out to break the Guinness world record for the longest lawnmower ride (Currently 14,594.5 miles). My goal is to go 30,000 miles over the period of 1 year, and I am also raising funds for "The Children's Miracle Network" and "The Shriner's Children's Hospitals" It is my hope that I will meet some of you along the way as my website has a area about all the good people I meet along the way. Also would like any and all feedback and advice that I can get from people who operate lawnmowers on a daily basis. To any of you that would like to visit my website it is http://www.the1bigride.com I will be starting out in Augusta, Maine on March 12th and traveling all 48 continental states along with short excursions into both Mexico and Canada. Not much else I can say but let but let the ride begin!!!!!!!!!!
Hey didn't Forest Gump do this?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sort of, the difference is that Louie has gone M.I.A , so we might never know the story of his travels and why he stopped, if he had a problem with the mower maybe he should have jumped off and ran like Forest