Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-06-2007, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

just did some math.... 1666 hours going full speed will get you to 30000 miles. Thats just about 70 days. WOW, yea, ide never want to be around a mower again after that!! VERY good luck to you, swing by nashua NH on the way!!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 01-07-2007, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah - lots of baby wipes - those things are INVALUABLE!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys, I hate to say it; but this hack is crazy. I'll bet dix to dollars that he's never even sat on a ztr before. He's a pizza boy for goodness sakes. Do you know how much gas money alone it would take to do what he is pipe dreaming to do...Lets not forget about hotel,maint, and food expenses, too. It would cost upwards of 200,000 to make a voyage like this. Don't pay him anymore attention- IT's just a waste of time.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Guys, I hate to say it; but this hack is crazy. I'll bet dix to dollars that he's never even sat on a ztr before. He's a pizza boy for goodness sakes. Do you know how much gas money alone it would take to do what he is pipe dreaming to do...Lets not forget about hotel,maint, and food expenses, too. It would cost upwards of 200,000 to make a voyage like this. Don't pay him anymore attention- IT's just a waste of time.
Yeah I gotta agree, I am crazy, but at least its my crazy dream As for pizza boy, been many things including owning a trucking company, and a taxi service, also operated all kinds of equipment including a ztr, yeah I deliver pizza's at the moment but in 63 days I will be following my dream. I hope you will follow your dream whatever it might be! As for costs, will not go into my finances, but rest assured this ride will not only happen, but it will raise a considerable amount for two very worthwhile charities. I truly hope that as I travel across this fine country of ours I will meet you so I can shake your hand. For as they say in Missouri "Show Me", and when I shake your hand you will be shown. Thank you for being a skeptic as I need those also.

Thanks Travlndude----
Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You're going to need some type of steering dampers on the front wheels to stop them from shaking back and forth. Especially if you want to travel at the fastest speed because the tires will wear out very quickly on pavement. I'm sure Dixie is already thinking of these types of problems, they aren't going to put their name and money into something that doesn't work.
Get a gel seat from a wheelchair, you azz will thank you later. Frog togs and a full mororcyle hement will help you during bad weather. Wind will also be a concern so the frog togs will help there too. Maybe a fan blowing cool air would be nice.
Good luck.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

thats awsome imsgine doing it on a Great dane Super Surfer or worse! a wright stander Ugh! my legs hurt after just a couple of hours cant imagine what it would be like to do that for 8hrs. best of luck to ya!!!!! i dont think a rider with a suspention seat and all the other stuff would be to bad. you just have to have a lot of patience for a long trip like this
craftsman 21''
mtd blower
2 weedeaters
Old 01-09-2007, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

will you be coming through the detroit area? and if so do you know about when?
thanks
alex
2013 7x20 sur-track open trailer
2010 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 34hp
2011 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 29hp
2013 exmark lazer "s" series 60" 27hp
2013 exmark turf tracer "s" series 52" 20hp
2011 wright stander RH 52" 19hp
1013 exmark commerical 30" wb
honda push mower
(4) weed wips shindiawa,redmax,echo
(2) stick edgers shindiawa,redmax
(3)redmax 7001
sthil br 340
pluger aerator

230 lawns
Old 01-11-2007, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm thinking those gas tanks are really just beer kegs, and you are one thirsty guy. Ya on your way around the continent could you just stop by my place and cut my lawn, I'll refill one of those tanks for ya.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04 View Post
thanks
alex
The only way he'll be coming through your area is if you have a residence in LALA LAND! There is no way that some average person would have the funds or funding to make a trip like this.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04 View Post
thanks
alex
Yeah, I will be coming through Detroit, it will probably be the early part of April although at this point in time I couldn't give you a accurate date. I will be headed towards northern Michigan, as I want to stop for a night in my home town.
Quote:
zedosix
I'm thinking those gas tanks are really just beer kegs, and you are one thirsty guy. Ya on your way around the continent could you just stop by my place and cut my lawn, I'll refill one of those tanks for ya.
Now what would you be refilling it with? Beer or Propane. Depending on which I might take you up on that offer. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care
The only way he'll be coming through your area is if you have a residence in LALA LAND! There is no way that some average person would have the funds or funding to make a trip like this.
As I said before when I come through Chattanooga I want to shake your hand and prove Chattanooga isn't in Tennessee, but actually in Missouri the show me state. lol Besides I heard Chattanooga was right next to LALA land. Sceptics, ya gotta luv em.