Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Kubota people, I have your bible...

A local sales personal wants to get me into the redesigned kubotas really bad. He mailed me a 28 page book with all the improvements and how it stacks up to the competition. Questions? ask away... (sorry no prices, thats the only thing not included)

features I like : You remove 4 pins and can pull the entire deck off the machine to service. Upgraded HST transmission (from 16cc hydros to 22cc). The overally ability to maintain the machine looks easy. Theres more but the book isn't in front of me...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And yes when I say they compare it to the competition, I mean they attack SCAG and Exmark on each page.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Only 28 pages?

Scan and post them!!

JK. Unless you want to

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willofalltrades View Post
features I like : You remove 4 pins and can pull the entire deck off the machine to service.
My Lesco has that too.
Doesn't take but a minute or two for me to remove the entire deck.
This can be accomplished without loosing any of the deck settings two.
It's a nice feature and I've used it.

The decks are too heavy to want to mess around with them much like that though.
Maybe if the deck had 4 swiveling caster anti scalp wheels of decent diameter...
And you were on smooth concrete... well then I might use it more.

It's not something you'll use regularly.
But a real nice feature when you want to use it.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
My Lesco has that too.
Thats pretty cool, I always thought that at the end of the season, taking the deck off for a good service would be nice. Then again, my deck just flips up.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Only 28 pages?

Scan and post them!!

JK. Unless you want to
Hey everybody, get a load of the new Lawnsite camedian! Sorry but no (I don't have a scaner).
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willofalltrades View Post
Thats pretty cool, I always thought that at the end of the season, taking the deck off for a good service would be nice. Then again, my deck just flips up.
Which is a much more useful feature.
Big plus about frontmounts such as your walker.

All the mid-mount MFG's are lagging behind Country Clipper on flip-up mid-mounts.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 01-12-2007, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
Which is a much more useful feature.
Big plus about frontmounts such as your walker.

All the mid-mount MFG's are lagging behind Country Clipper on flip-up mid-mounts.
I saw a Country Clipper last year at a small dealer in the area. Having a flip up deck mid mount ZTR is a great feature. Would make changing blades alot easier on a job site.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant9963 View Post
I saw a Country Clipper last year at a small dealer in the area. Having a flip up deck mid mount ZTR is a great feature. Would make changing blades alot easier on a job site.
Yes, it's nice and it is not hard to do at all either.
It's well worth not having to lay on your back....
And on that mower it's a MUST due to the articulation of the front end and deck.
You can't get by with driving one wheel up the trailer gate on them because of it.

Overall, just to be dang honest, after much thought over one winter I decided to buy a Country Clipper several years ago. Went to buy it in the spring and the dealer was GONE. I thought he went belly up. I didn't find out until later that he had just relocated.

I've came deadly close to buying one 3 more times since (twin stick, not joystick). I've been unable to find any real reason not to try one other than the fact that I've been able to drive one... but can't get a "cutting" demo to take out and test.... and I almost bought a 27/60 Boss back in 2005 anyways. I mean I had my mind made up, knew what I was willing to pay and all... but the owner of the dealership shot himself in the foot on that one.

I mean when a guy like me calls and makes you a cash offer for a piece of floor stock, you atleast have to negotiate and work the deal. Yeah, I'm going to make you work a little when I KNOW you are high on price and you are not offering me a demo.

And when I'm ready to buy, I'm ready to buy because I have likely already took too long making up my mind as it is. Almost any dealer is eager to deal... that's why they call them dealers.... so you can't let much time lapse between exchanging negotiations with me. Otherwise, I get TERRIFIED of doing business with you really quick. If you're that slow about making a sale, how slow are you going to be when I need service/support?

I'm ready to take delivery that day, the next at the latest for a floor stock unit.
5 weeks later is a little to long to wait to continue negotiations.... LOL

Old 01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's a good point. They're all over you like a fly on poop, as soon as you sign the paperwork they're not so much in a hurry anymore.

I hate pushy salesmen just as much as anyone. But I've gotten a couple who apparently don't even care whether or not they sell you a thing. Their enthusiasm is zero, and they have the personality of a rock. I think I'd rather deal with the pushy guy. At least he wants to sell me something...

My WB wasn't an in-stock unit, I was told 4 or 5 days max after it got shipped and set up.

I know for a fact it was in 4 days after I signed for it.

So, it took them 7 ADDITIONAL days to get it set up for me. Apparently a couple of control rods were missing and that was the delay. And no one was motivated enough to get them next-dayed to the dealership so I could have my mower.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!