Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Labor Ready services

Has anyone ever used Labor Ready services?
Old 01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't care that your probably getting a druggie go for it. Oh wait I forgot this is the landscaping industry most of the employee's re druggies and half of the owners.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya know Dunn, that's a all around pretty crappy thing to say. There are good people going through temp places. You'll never find them with your attitude....
WSDA# 65537
Old 01-13-2007, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I recently used Labor Ready. i think i got one of the most hard working guys there too. now id say 80% of the guys there, are all drunk or high. but the other 20% are some of the best workers you could ever find. the guy that i got has a 2 year old daughter, and everything he talked about was about her and what he wanted to get her for x-mas. i thought i was gonna get some drunk that was gonna waste my time. but instead i found a good, reliable hard-working person to work with.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So like I said 80% high or drunk equals most does it not. Also When I was in the military they didn't pay much and still don't. So when we had three day weekends and other days off I would get up and go to labor ready for extra cash. Guess what they where almost all druggies or drunks
Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Mr. Dunn your opinion means nothing to me . Please, stay "in your house , on a street" with your two undersized trucks. You appear to be the cancer of the green industry be gone.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i use them but provide my own employees. They do all of my taxes, workers comp and payroll. it is easier as the guys get paid every week and it costs me a minimal amount that in the end saves me more time to work or sell accounts.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have used this service in the past ie: 10 years ago. I would reccomend finding your own employees first and using a labor service only as a last resort. pay no attention to people here posting bias opinions, it's like any thing else in life. Take all the information and make an educated descion for YOURSELF. Good Luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dunn - are you confessing to having been on drugs while in the military?

We used one for 2 weeks once. Worked out great and saved our butts on a big job. Not sure it's cost effective as a long term strategy, but it works in a pinch.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vern View Post
Dunn - are you confessing to having been on drugs while in the military?

We used one for 2 weeks once. Worked out great and saved our butts on a big job. Not sure it's cost effective as a long term strategy, but it works in a pinch.
Don't get mad at me because you can't put the bottle down or get that roach of your back. I did not say anything about you or the other yahoo. I just gave this guy real advice since I have actually been to these places as a worker and saw what type of people where there. It's funny how whenever I tell people that are asking about how to improve their chances of reliable employee's or about temporary labor to do drug tests and how much of the headaches it relieves. Especially since most workmans comp plans require you give drug screenings. Well I guess we know who doesn't have workmans comp and quiet possibly has a dime/quarter in their underwear/sock drawer. Don't hate on me because I have morals and don't need some thought inhibiting substance to live with myself.

Last edited by Dunn's; 01-13-2007 at 11:48 PM.