Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2007, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Any London, Ontario landscapers in here?

Any London, Ontario landscapers in here?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

New in Sarnia Ont.

Closer than most ,perhaps, keep in touch if you'd like to , morjanna@sympatico.ca, thanks Morgan ( new start up)
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

What sort of work do you do, construction or maintenance?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I want to concentrate on maintenance,but if that goes well, then other things, Glad I didn't lay out money for a plow and 4x4 this year. My little Ranger is doing just fine, Been thinking of getting a vinyl wrap for it , with a photo of a Deere rider,so that when I'm in the truck it looks like I'm on the mower. cute!I want to get into total agrdener type things like flower gardens, etc, will share more later.. thanks for writing, I hope to increasingly pick your brain for ideas in the future ha ha Just found this site pretty cool. How big is your business. Did I mention thet I'm just getting started, I hope to keep my 13 year old boy in pocket change etc later Morgan
Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Hows it goin?
I am from London.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

in the business

tell me about your lawn care business, do you have others working for you , how many yards do you maintain, Do you do other services too,like gardens,decks etc.Whats your equippment?I.m just starting up,with a ahndfull of customers but ,things look good for more, Just bought a new Deere rider,trailer and a few pushmowers,trailer etc, I like my little Ranger Splash and plan to get a vinyl wrap for it ,of the Deere ,so when I.m in it ,it looks like I'm sitting on the mower? write sometime Morjanna@sympatico.ca thanks Morgan
Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

We're in our fifth season. We don't do any maintenance, grass or snow, we're all landscape construction which keeps us too damn busy anyway. For the first two years of business we did garden maintenance, but for me it didn't really pan out, too many people doing it for nothing. The John Deere idea's a good one, everyone will definitely see you coming, but they might think you're from the Deere dealership, and try to buy your mower off you. Ocl we're actually based out of Belmont, but we keep a lot of our equipment at the Western Fairgrounds downtown. What kind of work do you do? Good luck getting rich, the pocket change thing is more likely in my experience, but at least it's a good tan. cheers
Old 01-30-2007, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

We have done landscape construction and snow removal for the last 2 years, this year we will try to get some maintanence accounts. Morjanna I like the idea for the decals.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Member

how are you finding the snow removal this year? at least no one's losing too much sleep. Do you go in any of the homeshows?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Snow business was nice in November and December except the 3' of snow we got in early december. We have had to do alot sanding and salting in January. We have gone in the April home show the last 2 years. I see you guys around quite abit.