Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-03-2001, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

New Bobcat 773 (500k) Now what?????

I recently purchased one of the new 773 Bobcat limited edition skidsteers for use on my farm. My question is what kind of money can I make doing side jobs with this machine to supplement my farm income. My dad semi-retired and would love to do odd jobs with this machine while it is not being used. We live in Nebraska near Omaha, pop. 500k. Given the endless number of attachments available for rent it looks as though we could do about anything and make some good money. Any ideas on what to charge? Is there a particular market to appeal to, such as homeowners, builders, etc? If anyone has any ideas or is doing this today, please share your thoughts. Thanks, Jim
Old 07-03-2001, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim,

I've heard tell that a backhoe attachment could pay for itself in little or no time. I don't know how many cemeterties they have in and around Omaha, but I'd bet there are several and usually when someone dies they put them in the ground, although some folks want to be cremated and have there ashes spread at a place of there choicing. I don't know what they charge to dig a grave, but if you do a search on here you might be able to find that information. Good luck and by the way welcome to Lawn Site!