Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 PM
mdvaden's Avatar
mdvaden mdvaden is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Westside Oregon
Posts: 1,838
Snowplow alone, or front loader too?

You folks that move snow in winter, do you use just a snowplow, or do you use a tractor and front loader too?

Or, a front loader alone?
__________________
200 Pages and Growing

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 PM
carcrz's Avatar
carcrz carcrz is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belton, MO (South KCMO)
Posts: 2,088
I currently just use the truck w/ an 8'6" Fisher EZ-V on it. I am in the process of looking for a pusher for my Case skid-steer though.
__________________
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:09 AM
RICHIE K's Avatar
RICHIE K RICHIE K is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TRENTON, NJ
Posts: 647
We use plows and a loader but shoulden this be on PLOW SITE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2007, 07:12 AM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
You folks that move snow in winter, do you use just a snowplow, or do you use a tractor and front loader too?

Or, a front loader alone?


For snow removal you must think of the worst all the time. now on your accounts, what would move a 10 drift and two feet of snow on the parking lot the best way?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-30-2007, 11:07 AM
LB1234 LB1234 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 3,211
We work in real small parking lots that are a few miles apart. Front end loader would take forever to travers through the streets to get to and from sites. Therefore we use snow plows mounted on pickup trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1234 View Post
We work in real small parking lots that are a few miles apart. Front end loader would take forever to travers through the streets to get to and from sites. Therefore we use snow plows mounted on pickup trucks.


You can always use the loader to set back the piles that the plows leave later after the storm ends.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
LB1234 LB1234 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba View Post
You can always use the loader to set back the piles that the plows leave later after the storm ends.
We have contracts that specify where piles are placed/located. Some lots have parking spaces that are taken up (for the year if its cold and it actually snows). They have to sign off on this.

We have clauses that also specify the cost for utilizing heavy equipment to relocated snow piles.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Sydenstricker Landscaping's Avatar
Sydenstricker Landscaping Sydenstricker Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lake county ohio
Posts: 1,281
Use my truck mainly. On a few of my commercials, if the piles are too big and I have no where else to put my snow, I rent a bobcat and come in and move it elsewhere, at an extra charge of course, but the customer knows about it as well since it is stated clearly in my contract
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 PM
John Gamba's Avatar
John Gamba John Gamba is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ct
Posts: 10,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1234 View Post
We have contracts that specify where piles are placed/located. Some lots have parking spaces that are taken up (for the year if its cold and it actually snows). They have to sign off on this.

We have clauses that also specify the cost for utilizing heavy equipment to relocated snow piles.

Some smaller plazas i had in the past i needed to rent dump trucks to remove the snow in the winter of 95 to 96. That sucked everybody needed the dumps that season big money and short on availability.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
DUSTYCEDAR's Avatar
DUSTYCEDAR DUSTYCEDAR is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 5,173
john dont u know anything u melt it in your hot tub
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Page generated in 0.09132 seconds with 7 queries