Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardPro View Post
too bad bobby gedd is not here anymore, you could ask him... he's a good example of how NOT to run a business....
He is an expert. As well a legend in his own mind.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I dont know WHUT you guys are complaining about, that is a damn fine company, I actually want to get a hold of him and tell him to start up again, I'll even pay to move him and his pimps...errr crew to come down here, they are just so cool.....

That has to be a joke website, that cant be for real, shirts off, smoking, plowing through wet grass (you actually see the turf coming up under his front right wheel lmao). At least they were all wearing shoes in the photos...
Old 02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did you guys see this picture? How would you like to look out your window and see this?

http://www.nliveris.com/edge.html
Old 02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thats the best damn website i have ever seen in my life .lol
Old 02-04-2007, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What a joke! With a bunch of drunken bozos like that, makes me wonder what his workman's copm bill would be like? Glad to be a one man show if that's what the work force looks like.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

from that website
"What is core aerating?

Core aerating is a simple process that removes a small portion of your grass, soil and roots. This small portion of the grass is a plug about one half inch in diameter and up to two and a half inches in length. The aerator pulls 6 plugs per square foot. Once the lawn has been aerated, the soil will begin to revitalize. Because there is a hole in the ground, rain water will reach the soil quicker. Fertilizers and mulched grass clippings will also reach the soil and roots quicker. This all means that your lawn will be more healthy. This is especially important in the spring and fall because your grass is under more climatic changes."

Not to hi-jack the thread but that is just too funny and horrible description of aerating
Old 02-05-2007, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotLandscape View Post
from that website
"What is core aerating?

Core aerating is a simple process that removes a small portion of your grass, soil and roots. This small portion of the grass is a plug about one half inch in diameter and up to two and a half inches in length. The aerator pulls 6 plugs per square foot. Once the lawn has been aerated, the soil will begin to revitalize. Because there is a hole in the ground, rain water will reach the soil quicker. Fertilizers and mulched grass clippings will also reach the soil and roots quicker. This all means that your lawn will be more healthy. This is especially important in the spring and fall because your grass is under more climatic changes."

Not to hi-jack the thread but that is just too funny and horrible description of aerating
maybe it was easier, for the kind of clients he attracted, to understand. you don't have to be very articulate when you are dealing with people whom the price is the deciding factor.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.