Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2007, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro-lockers for Honda 21"

Pro-lockers for Honda 21"

Hello, anyone know if pro-lockers is still in business? I have wrote a few e-mails to them with questions but nobody ever responds. Little strange.
My question (again) is regarding new Honda 21" mowers. As of last year I was told there was no lockers for the new Honda's (by Pro-lockers) but that some would be designed and they were interested in having us demo them for the company, and to stay in touch. They also took my info but have yet to call back or e-mail. (this was last spring and again in the fall) We have tried in vain to get in touch (via e-mail and phone) I left an e-mail again the other day, still nothing. I figure if a thread is started maybe there will be a response. I am sympathetic to the time of year and the fact that they may be busy but some kind of response would be appreciated.

Pro-lockers if you do read this, I am willing and want to move forward with you if you are interested, I am NOT mad or trying to bash you, I am just a bit confused on what is going on with you guys. I am only interested in a product for my Honda's, either you can do it or you can't. Please respond one way or another so that I and others on here know what is going on with the new Honda lock-ups.
I am sure there are others who may be interested as well and maybe want to add their 2 cents as well.
*** note to others responding*** I am not trying to start a bash session here but if you are experiencing a similar problem feel free to add what you want . Please keep it tactful, focus on the problem or issue NOT people. Who knows maybe I am the only one having an issue.

thanks, Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i dont get it...

why in the name of god would anyone need pro lockers for a 21 inch mower??????
6 full time
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What don't you get?! I haul a 52" and 2 -21"s on the trailer, the 21's need to be locked up so they are not rolling all around just like the big mowers. In some cases I run with 3- 21's. Does this answer your question? God is spelled with a big G by the way.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Little mowers like that need eyebolts and tarp straps. If I don't trust the neighborhood, also use cable and lock. Later Ya'll. Cracker
Old 01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Station View Post
Little mowers like that need eyebolts and tarp straps. If I don't trust the neighborhood, also use cable and lock. Later Ya'll. Cracker
I have used those in the past and it causes nothing but headaches. The starps tear up the bags, if you don't run them over the bags you add one more step of having to take the bags off and figure out where to secure them. If you just try to run them behind the engine it tears up the throttle and tranny cables.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
What don't you get?! I haul a 52" and 2 -21"s on the trailer, the 21's need to be locked up so they are not rolling all around just like the big mowers. In some cases I run with 3- 21's. Does this answer your question? God is spelled with a big G by the way.
so you havent been able to figure out how to easily and inexpensivly secure a 21 inch mower on a trailor.... ok.. i see

and maybe YOUR god is spelled with a capital G buy MY god is spelled with a small g, my god is not pretentious

i wasnt being a wise guy, i really dont see the need ...
6 full time
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintoledo View Post
so you havent been able to figure out how to easily and inexpensivly secure a 21 inch mower on a trailor.... ok.. i see

and maybe YOUR god is spelled with a capital G buy MY god is spelled with a small g, my god is not pretentious

i wasnt being a wise guy, i really dont see the need ...
actually I have been able to secure it. I am just not very happy with it.
if you have a good idea I would love to hear it. This site is all about sharing ideas and info. I would love to hear yours if you have something constructive to offer.
As for God, You can spell it how you want, if you don't believe in or respect Him then that is completly your choice and I can't force, or tell you what to do. (not what I was trying to do)
I guess I took what you said as a little bit abrasive, maybe I read your 1st post wrong. I just didn't understand the need to comment like you did, but hey whatever, in todays world you can say whatever you want, to whomever you want, however you want to right? Here is my deal, I wouldn't be asking Pro-lockers about a lock set up for my 21's if I didn't need to lock them up right? if maybe I wasn't looking for a different set up? I have used other things. I am wanting something simpler, quicker and
less damaging to the mower and trailer. Not saying pro-lockers are the answer but That is what I am trying to get answers for.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

straps..

i used to just use a cargo strap attached to the sides of the trailor.... it never budged an inch...

i guess when i think about it, there could be some positives to such a set up....problem i have with eye bolts is if im in a hurry, i could see myself possibly puncturing a tire loading the bigger mowers...

id be interested to see how they would design such a thing, not crazy about the ones they have for the z's...while ive never used them, they seem pretty expensive and maybe a bit combersome, but i know there are people here who love them.... except the guy who lost his caster, that was a weird thread..
6 full time
Old 01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

i guess when i think about it, there could be some positives to such a set up....problem i have with eye bolts is if im in a hurry, i could see myself possibly puncturing a tire loading the bigger mowers...

I have an 18 ft dovetail carhaul type trailer. No sides on it. The 21's go all the way to the front. I run tarp straps or bungee cords or whatever you want to call them through the larger rear wheels and across the deck, under the cables. Then behind them all the way to the right is the Quick 36. Then behind it is the Exmark Lazer HP. It sits to the left side, slightly forward of center of the tandem axles. So, no chance of puncturing a tire. Just what works for me. Later Ya'll. Cracker
Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintoledo View Post
i used to just use a cargo strap attached to the sides of the trailor.... it never budged an inch...

id be interested to see how they would design such a thing, not crazy about the ones they have for the z's...while ive never used them, they seem pretty expensive and maybe a bit combersome, but i know there are people here who love them.... except the guy who lost his caster, that was a weird thread..
Now that you mention it I do remember that thread, never saw the final outcome though.
ok, when you are talking cargo straps do you mean like the ratchet straps? or something wider and thicker? I use ratchet straps but like I said earlier, it tears up the bag. I want something that can go across the bag so it holds the bag in place. That is 1 min. less that we would have to spend per mower dinking around trying to secure the bags. (1 min. x 3 mowers = 3 min.load, 3 or so min unload= 5-6 min. total per house. 5 or 6 min per house x 20 or so in a day= lets just say 100 min. total time lost) see why I want to leave the bags on? ok this is getting away from original topic of securing the mower.
anyway, talk more about these cargo straps.