Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-31-2007, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Station View Post
i guess when i think about it, there could be some positives to such a set up....problem i have with eye bolts is if im in a hurry, i could see myself possibly puncturing a tire loading the bigger mowers...

I have an 18 ft dovetail carhaul type trailer. No sides on it. The 21's go all the way to the front. I run tarp straps or bungee cords or whatever you want to call them through the larger rear wheels and across the deck, under the cables. Then behind them all the way to the right is the Quick 36. Then behind it is the Exmark Lazer HP. It sits to the left side, slightly forward of center of the tandem axles. So, no chance of puncturing a tire. Just what works for me. Later Ya'll. Cracker
Cracker, you leave the bags on?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i guess that wot work then..

they are the same as ratchet straps so i guess that wont do.... have to let us know what the solution ends up being
6 full time
Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had my welder build me something that really worked well for the 21" mowers. Viewed from the top, it kind of looks like a C with all of the corners squared off. It is about 6 or so inches high. Basically, you just lift up the front tires of the mower and drop the tire down into the unit. It can't slide from side to side and it would have to bounce up over 6" in order to come out the top. Are you getting the picture?

I saw something like this on a trailer accessory website (can't remember which one) for $50. My welder charged me $15.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 01-31-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
I had my welder build me something that really worked well for the 21" mowers. Viewed from the top, it kind of looks like a C with all of the corners squared off. It is about 6 or so inches high. Basically, you just lift up the front tires of the mower and drop the tire down into the unit. It can't slide from side to side and it would have to bounce up over 6" in order to come out the top. Are you getting the picture?

I saw something like this on a trailer accessory website (can't remember which one) for $50. My welder charged me $15.
whaaaaaat? now we are talking. That sounds simple, and quick? can you find a link or send me a picture of what you are describing? I would be very interested in seeing that.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post

By the way, I thought you got out of this business and got into real estate.
how is that going? I followed your thread on growing your business with a lot of interest. Then when you got into real estate I was following that as well because my wife and I are trying to get to that point. I have 2 little ones though with a 3rd on the way. It is hard to save up enough moo-la because it seems like we always need it for something else. I'm sure you can relate,
who can't right?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintoledo View Post
they are the same as ratchet straps so i guess that wont do.... have to let us know what the solution ends up being
Thanks Dave, I'll keep you informed if I can find something.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
whaaaaaat? now we are talking. That sounds simple, and quick? can you find a link or send me a picture of what you are describing? I would be very interested in seeing that.
I can't find the product online. I think that I may have seen it on Jungle Jim's site but that doesn't seem to be working right now. I can't take a picture because all of my equipment is gone to my foreman now.

l--------l
l xxxxx l
l xxxxx l
l xxxxx l
l xxxxx
l xxxxx
l xxxxx
l xxxxx
l xxxxx
l-------l

That would be a view from the top of the front left tire. The x's represent the tire and the other marks are the boot. Very simple and very effective. Also, since you are not tying anything down, there is 0 time wasted on that aspect of things.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
By the way, I thought you got out of this business and got into real estate.
how is that going? I followed your thread on growing your business with a lot of interest. Then when you got into real estate I was following that as well because my wife and I are trying to get to that point. I have 2 little ones though with a 3rd on the way. It is hard to save up enough moo-la because it seems like we always need it for something else. I'm sure you can relate,
who can't right?
I did get out of the business - sort of. My foreman is taking over. I still own the business but he is doing all of the day to day operations. Lawnsite is a difficult habit to break though.

As far as real estate goes, it is something that many people want to do but only a few take the plunge. There is a book that I have been reading lately that is called Real Estate Investing In Canada by Don R Campbell. Obviously, it caters to the Canadian market but the principles are universal. I recommend it.

If you (or anyone else) want to PM me about this, I am always willing to talk. I don't know everything but I know were to find most of the answers.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for the reply! I will e-mail you later, I am headin out the door with the fam right now. I am very interested in talking with you more. I wish there was a real-estate site similar to this site so we could post questions and learn more. I will talk to you more later, thanks again.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Cracker, you leave the bags on?
No.......never bag until I do leaves.........I do keep the bags in the cage tho if by chance I need them. Come to think of it, I went all last year and never bagged clippings at all. Later. Cracker