Register free!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch color enhancer

http://www.mulchrenew.com/index.htm

Has anybody had any experience with this, or have any results on how this stuff performs?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Quinn View Post

Has anybody had any experience with this, or have any results on how this stuff performs?
You posted in the wrong forum. That should be moved to redneck things you have done.

I'm always amazed at what people come up with.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

good product

the mulch enhancer is a very good product. for a pro that can read directions no problems with good results. for others that are unable to read directions stay a way and just mow.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams LC View Post
You posted in the wrong forum. That should be moved to redneck things you have done.

I'm always amazed at what people come up with.

You know, you should probably refrain from posting if you dont have anything to add. You have no idea what type of business we are and what I need it for. Its actually for a multi million dollar estate that insists on having pine bark mulch but wants the color to hold all season. if you have a question as to our "redneck practices" you are more than welcome to look at our website and see the caliber company we are. But thanks for your input.

Gardner: did you find the color lasted all year? did you apply it to new mulch you installed, or just the old mulch from the previous season? and finally, did you apply it with a backpack sprayer? Thank you.

Last edited by EA Quinn; 02-02-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You know, you should probably refrain from posting if you dont have anything to add. You have no idea what type of business we are and what I need it for. Its actually for a multi million dollar estate that insists on having pine bark mulch but wants the color to hold all season. if you have a question as to our "redneck practices" you are more than welcome to look at our website and see the caliber company we are. But thanks for your input.

Gardner: did you find the color lasted all year? did you apply it to new mulch you installed, or just the old mulch from the previous season? and finally, did you apply it with a backpack sprayer? Thank you.
Your welcome. Sorry you cant take the humor. Must be nice to have a 25 year old company putting a 24 year old kid up on a pedestal like yours. To bad, I was going to give you guys a call for the 5 properties I need help with mulching. Would have been nice to have a large company like yours in my back pocket. I guess I'll be looking buying the Bobcat toolcat and use that to do my 1000+ yards of mulch.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I did miss your humor. Lately there just seems to be a lot of foolish knowledge flying around on these forums, and the one time I need an answer I get a joke. Im not taking it the wrong way, I just would like some answers. Im sorry you feel that way about us. We do a lot of other work in mass for other landscapers and I would hope if you do have a legitimate job you would consider using us. There are no hard feelings, I am just after some answers. I am not the owner of the company, I run the property maintenance division for us. Either way, I need an answer so if anybody has one please let me know.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i used mulch renu i think is the name it was a brown and i stained raw wood chips with it worked well but it took a lot it was years ago like any of the dyes the more u use the darker it gets
it was full of small flakes and would clog the back pacs up all the time
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

we have used a similar product in the past. it was used to dress up mulch that was installed in the spring of the same year. we used a backpack sprayer and while it did work as intended, we won't use it again. consider it to be a quick fix and any foot traffic across it that turns the mulch over leaving an inconsistent appearance.

take your time and use caution around any type of hardscaping...this stuff will stain
Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

e.a.quinn enhacer

Hi E.A.Quinn, the mulch enhaner is better used on old mulch, and you should mix more than you think you might need for touch up. I have used both back pack and spray bottle and prefer the bottle. The best part on selling this application is that you can have one crew person do this. Also you will not harm any plant material with overspray but do not spray stone and rocks as you will see your error. Also the enhacer will last a whole season in sun or shade, but if there is a strong reflection from a building that area may need a touch up just as with regular mulch. This is a great selling item as you save on material, labor, down time, transportation, etc ,and best of all you can change color, wives love this , it's a cash cow. As a Pro just read the direction's and make some money. This client will refer you to others with large mulch properties. Good luck in 2007. One day closer to spring.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quinn, what kind of quantity are you talking about? If it is a large enough amount I would ask my mulch dist. to run it through their coloring system. I never used the product in question, but would agree that you would just be covering the tops of the material. If anyone cultivates the bed or any get flipped I would agree that it would look aweful.

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>