Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look At The Ta-ta's On Her!!!!!

Alright, I hoped this would get everyone's attention. Depending on the response that we get here, maybe I could post something more along the lines of the title.

However, here is what I am really looking for. We see those forms all the time from RealGreen and companies like that that will produce monthly or quarterly newsletters for you. Problem is, I prefer to make my own. I have a great deal of information for the most part, but would like to include some topics about plantings for that time of year, aeration, soil, fert., etc., etc.

Does anyone know a good place to find information pertaining to this that I could use in a newsletter? Or for those of you that do this already - do you make up the information off the top of your head?

SFLQPR
Old 02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You snagged me with the ta ta remark. Now that I'm here.

Look to local retail nurseries, newspaper articles or regional magazine articles for this type of timely information. See if there is a book that is specific to your region that has month by month tasks etc.

Here there is even a garden club that puts out a calender that lists what to fertilize, what seeds to plant, bulbs, plants, etc. what to trim and so on, month by month.

Those bastards stole the info from my newsletter and put out a calender.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, Got me too. I should have known something was up when I did not see the paperclip indicating an attachment.

However, I am in the process of implementing a newletter of my own. I planned on using regional from the internet and other publications as Ideas for my newsletter as far as topics of what need to be done in the months to come, and keep a section to discuss updates within the business, new processes, new services, recent acheivements, etc. This might give you a good ides for your own starting point.

Serving the Greater Savannah Area
www.tlc-lawncare.com
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input guys. I figured if I used some vague title that no one would look, but when someone says Ta-Ta's to me - I can assure you I'm following!!! HAHA

I have been putting out a newsletter for the past year and a half with resounding applause from my clients. I always put in my .02 cents about what should be done and stuff like that, but wanted some hard evidence or article that I could always follow up with. I just do not want to copy someone's tips/suggestions and then use it in my own newsletter. I would lke to find something that I could reference for information such as a book/magazine, etc that would not be exactly what someone else is using.

Anyone else with suggestions, book ideas, whatever???? I am in the St. Louis area. Thanks

SFLQPR
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

All of your university site links have mounds of information pertaining to this sort of stuff. there is so much between Purdue, Michigan State, and many other sites, that it would keep you filled for quite a while. the thing to remember is that there are notices and articles from years ago on ALL these sites.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wasn't suckered in by the subject line ... I knew it was a joke. If it was for real ... he would have said BIG Ta-ta's

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I cant believe I fell for another misleading thread title
Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you had wanted more than 6 replies, out of 243 views, you should have properly titled the thread.
I have already written a large amount of information on the answers you seek.

It can be found in a thread entitled, "Check This Out!"
Old 02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

hey striperpro -

Have you had any problem with your 52in Zero Turn. I'm running into alot of problems with the hydro pumps and wheel motors. This year will be the second time Ill have to replace stuff again.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I always use a big pepsi banner...and all the rest is easy.