Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-15-2000, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Hey guys.. I would like to get the word of this forum out to every single lawn contractor in the united states.<p>Any idea how I might go about getting a database of every owner/operator out there besides getting every single yellow pages in the USA? Besides.. most are not even listed in the yellow pages. How do I get the word out? <p>I would like to send out a postcard telling them about this site with testomonials from you guys on it.<p>Thanks for your help.!
Old 03-15-2000, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Not sure how to do that, but I have mentioned it to a few of the other local guys here in New Mexico. Can you possibly get one of those phone lists or address list from a company that compiles such things. I think if you surf the net maybe you can find a company that get the information to you. I would bet there will be a charge for it.<p>I am certain that everyone here will be glad to help in anyway they can. I know everyone here is greatful for what you have done.<br>Let us know how to help when you find the answer.<p>Thanks a great bunch!!!!!!<p>Adam
Old 03-15-2000, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe check out organizations around the country. Im a member of Alca, and in the beginning of the year they send out a big book of all the contractors who are members with addresses, names, etc. A definite resource, as there are a lot of members. Also, I know there are thousands of other organizations across the country and across the state. I think these would be your best bets. Since people are spending money to be in the organizations, I would imagine it would be a better market that the phone book, etc. Anyone can be in the phone book. <p>Also, most have a web page, so you could probably get them to put a link in for you if you were a member or if you talked to them. I think if they saw what this site did and the draw it had, they would be very interested in working something out with you.<br>
Old 03-15-2000, 09:33 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If every member here would send you all the lawn companies listed in their local yellow pages, you would have several thousand of them. Please let us know what you feel is the best method so we can help you Chuck. It's our turn to help you. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-15-2000, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Our area Lesco open house is this Friday, in 2 days Chuck. If you have something formal you could make avail for download, I could post it there. If not, with your permission, I will just print up something myself to post.<br>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana<p>
Old 03-15-2000, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Go here, be happy<p>http://www.landscaperconnection.com/
Old 03-15-2000, 01:24 PM

Hello Chuck:<p>You might find what you are looking for here. It's the Dun & Bradstreet's Million Dollar Data Base & the URL: www.dnbmdd.com<p>Also I could be wrong but I think the Micro$oft Office 2000 Profe$$ional Edition has a nation wide phone directory in it too! <p>It would be very easy to do what you want this way. Please correct me if I'm wrong?<p>Sorry about the s's turning into dollar signs but every time I try to type those words it changes to that. I think it's a programming error or bug. But don't worry there will be a upgrade out on it this year for a small fee. LOL all the way to the bank!<br>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/<p>
Old 03-15-2000, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuck,<br>There are databases on CD's that are available.<p>They have tons of different catagories: All different business types including lawn businesses and landscape businesses (1 catagory each)<p>I don't remember the company, but I get their catolog every so often.<p>I think they had like 227,000 lawn businesses in their files. That should give you a decent start.
Old 03-15-2000, 04:02 PM
Administrator

GroundKprs: Please do make up a flyer and post it. I would appreciate it very much!<p>Everyone else: Thanks for the information. I just feel like the more contractors we have exchanging information the better off we will all be. <p>What do you guys think about me making up some LawnSite.com business cards and sending you guys some and maybe you could hand them out to the local lawn guys when you run into them? Do you think thats a good idea or to much of a hassle?<p>Thanks for all your help.<p>Chuck Keough
Old 03-15-2000, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I told a few landscapers at my local Lesco open house day and they seemed very interested in the site. Post a flyer or send some business cards my way, there are 100's of companies in my area.<br>Chris