Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2000, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuck, I would have no problem giving out cards to guys I see out in my area. Don't know how amenable they will be. Heck the landscapers around here don't even wave to each other..it's that competition thing. Maybe it'll help bring unity to this business. I'll do whatever you all decide. More input should be a good thing.<p>Let me know.<p>----------<br>-G<br>
Old 03-15-2000, 03:33 PM
Banned

We will help in any way. Most co. around here are o.k. to talk to. Let ALL of us know how to help. Thanks again for the forum.Tim
Old 03-15-2000, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with all of the guys above. Chuck, you should track down Lesco and TruGreen/Chemlawn, they could supply you with quite a bit. Outside of that you would have hit equipment dealers up. However, I don't know if they are under law restrictions about selling their databases. I think the business card idea is good, I'd participate with that. I think gaining members by word of mouth is healthy, you don't get people joining who just read an advertisement and then don't participate in the forums. The great thing about this site is that each and every person has a passion for the business, whatever aspect that may be. Here's an idea, send a mass message out to all members of lawnsite.com and have them provide you with a list of names and addresses of people that they have spoken to who would be greatly interested. After those folks join, then the same thing can happen, it would kind of be like the &quot;Amway Marketing Plan&quot;, you know tell a friend to join. It maybe a lot of work gathering the info, but it will be well worth it. However, I think the first comments that I made are the best in getting names for sending info about this site out.<p>
Old 03-15-2000, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

chuck talk to lawn equipment distributers, see if they will ship business cards with the equipment to the retailers, EVERY lawn service has to go to the dealer for stuff sometime and if they see the card on the counter the would be likely to pick 1 up and tune in i will put a flyer up in the shop i goto i will just put something like <p>got lawnsite !!!<br>goto lawnsite.com<br>if you dont mind<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 03-16-2000, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

i found this site in an Entrepreneur's magazine. it looks like it could help get the word out. good luck!<br>http://www.dbusiness.com