Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-06-2007, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

PGMS Conference at the Biltmore Estate N/C anyone going?

I just read that there is to be a conference in N/C and they will be touring the Biltmore Estate. Sounds like fun and educational too. Anyone been to or work at the Biltmore in N/C or been to one of these PGMS conferences?

The schedule seems a little light but might be worth it to get a behind the scenes tour of the grounds and operations at the Biltmore Estate.

What is it like weather wise in N/C in late March? Nice I hope, everything in bloom?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bump. Anyone have any imput?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You're looking at highs in the 60's and lows in the high 30's to mid 40's. In recent years low to mid 70's have been seen. Should be lots of stuff blooming. The wind will determine if the day is enjoyable or not. A mild breeze and you're set. Strong gust or a steady wind can make it feel kinda chilly.

Edit: I should say, there should be lots of stuff starting to bloom if the temps get up like they have the past few years. You're still early for things to get into full swing.

It has been a while since I've been there though. Got any more info on the conference?

Last edited by FATWEASEL; 02-06-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I have not personally been to Biltmore but my wife and her family have been there quite a few times and they say it is really something to see. BTW where do I find out info about the conference?

Mike Lew
Hunter's Lawn Care
Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

landscapeonline-weekly@landscapeonline

This is the link to the online magazine. The article was in last weeks edition. The conference is around the 22-23rd of March. The PGMS website should also have some info.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I havent been to any conferences there but I have several friends who do work there. Its a really nice place to check out. Its the largest house in the country. Its only about 1 mile from my house. I have 2 free day passes I can give to anyone who may be going there. The weather in late march is fairly warm but can be a little breezy. Asheville itself is a really nice small city to visit. If you make it out this way i hope you enjoy your stay. While in the area, the North Carolina Arboretum is just down the road and is worth checking out.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi all, we have been to Biltmore a few times, the place is incredible. They have extremely well groomed grounds, and when everything is in full bloom you feel like you are in paradise. We are going to go again probably this year, and are going to do the behind the scenes tour. If you are coming from far away I would wait till a little later in the season when everything is sure to be in bloom.