Register free!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

pramitol 25E?????????

Hey guys it is my understanding that this product kills existing weeds but also provides a continuos barrier to protect bare ground for up to a year? In short this product not only kills weeds but can be used as a prevenative measure for weed control as well for up to a year.

How does this compare to say pendi when applying to bare ground and rock areas (no lawn) to prevent and kill existing weeds in price, effectivness, usability, any downsides?? we have never used nor seen this product until this week at the dealer any info would be great. thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's a soil sterilant. Lasts about a year, give or take depending on precipitation. It dosn't do much for burn down of weeds and it's best to mix a vegitation killer in with it.

Downsides, you need to use the MAX rate to get good control usually, and you have to watch runoff! If you apply it to an area and get a rain that washes it off too soon it WILL kill where ever the water runs. Watch around trees ect. Once it's been watered in and not washed it's pretty stable after that and dosn't go anywhere.

Also check around, there's several other similar products that may work better. Pramitol is pretty cost effective though.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Not a bad product but there are better sterliants out there, as with any sterliant there is a chance or runoff and off target kills.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its selling for 70$ for a 2.5 gallon at the fert dealer. this product vs. say pendi for 120$. The only downside is that the pendi is for grass also. The 25E can only be used as a vegation preventer/killer when a total vegative killer is added to it, but alone this can be used as a weed preventer in bare ground areas. This is just for my clarification, as i was trying to find a better way to control weeds in some of our rock areas at our larger propertys. Thanks for the info. Also does this has to be applied at a low psi or does it matter? I know the pendi has to be applied at a low psi but it does the trick, but when your using 20 gallons it can get pricy.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe i was not clear on the last post. Is the pramitol25e only a weed preventer or is it also considered a post emergent as well. Or do u have to add a post emerg. to the 25 e.

where the pendulum is only a pre emerg. spray and can be used on lwans as well. Is this correct.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I use round up for post controle, and burn down, take care using a sterilant around trees,shrubs or anything you want to keep green. Depending on soil, amount of rain, terrain and rate, sterliants can leach or move alot. On commerical locations i allow a three to six foot barrier depending on terrain.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

once you put down the round up, wouldn't you have to then add top soil and seed once you kill everything.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

My understanding is he wants a total kill in his rock areas
Old 02-07-2007, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've used Pramitol, as stated earlier, yes it is a post emergent herbicide, and yes it isn't real quick and effective, a little Round UP mixed in helps quicken the action. You need to be very careful with Pramitol, not only can it move off target by run off, but it can and will move through soil, if tree roots are in/around treated areas damage will typically occur.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 02-08-2007, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. Thats what i was looking for. Yes Iam looking to pre treat the rock areas with a pre emergent agent as to slow and stop weeds from coming up and adding to the work load. we already use round up for weeds, but have had good luck using the pedi in large areas to prevent/ slow/halt weeds from coming up in unwanted areas. This product was "showcased" and the guy just agreed with my questions didnt really give a direct answer as to yes this will do this and no it will not do this. I was in hurry and didnt feel like letting the salesman know he was a dumbass and thought i could get some hands on advice/ recomendations for this products actual intended use.I think ill stick with what we have had results with. thanks