Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Advertising with postcards

I am planning on sending out 3,000 or 4,000 postcards in a few weeks for this years mowing/landscaping season, my question is does anyone know of someone that can design a quality postcard for me?

I have had things printed in the past, but I have never been satisfied. Also do you feel that postcards are a good way to advertise?

Thanks in advance, Andrew
Old 02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

yes, very good way to advertise, I jsut go door-to-door with them and leave them in the door, or taped on the door. Have you ever tryed Gotprint.com? I use them for my post cards and business cards, and I lvoe the quality of the work they do, they are very reasonable in price as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Try www.overnightprints.com they did our business cards and postcards. There is an online designer tool that allows you to do the design yourself, or they will do it for you. We just did 4000 standard size postcards for $150.00 that included the shipping, print on both sides, uv and glossy coating on both sides. Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to you both. This year I am moving my business about 200 miles, due to my wife changing jobs. Hopefully with enough advertising I can replace my current customer base. Thanks to all who reply. Andrew
Old 02-09-2007, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I love designoutpost.com. It's basically a forum that competes for your job. There's a predetermined price for what you want done and different designers compete. I've used them several times and had excellent results.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

GL Lawns,
Bulk mailing rate for 4X6 postcards is 0.12. to mail 4000 would be $480 alone. your postcards may be getting sent to the dumpster.
Average cost to print and mail 4X6 is around 0.20. I am having 8500 done for about 0.23.

Also, repetition is the key with direct mail. Two mailings a couple a weeks apart is better than a one time mailing.

Good luck. They say you should expect a 1-3% calls from your direct mail and out of those you could close at least 50%.

so, 4000 x .03 = 120 calls and if you can secure work from half = 60 jobs, well worth the investment.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I got a question. Postcards or paper flyers? The reason I ask is I advertise like this. I have two flyers on one sheet of paper. So really I pay like .04 cents for 2 flyers. But when you put them out you have to roll them on the go and put rubber bands on them or just roll them up and put them out.