Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2007, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Best LCO in the business.

Hello all,
I just wanted to use this forum to give some credit where credit is due. I am not in the LC business but did work in it for spring and summer years ago. I have respect for all in this business. It is some of the hardest, hottest, and dirtiest work I have ever done. But, I will also say it was some of the most self rewarding work ever.
The point I would like to make is about my LCO in Knoxville, TN. I have used the same gentleman since 1999. I believe, I was one of his first customers. When all he had was a pickup, and a old Murray residential rider. He didn't even have a trailer, rolled the mower out of the bed of his truck on 2 x 6 boards.
Now he has 4 trucks, 6 trailers, and I think about 12 mowers. But, I still feel important to this guy. I might see him once every 2 months now. But my yard is better than ever. His employees seem to love to work for him too.
He has never failed one time to do what he says he will do. If there is a problem on his end of the service, he calls me personally ( sometimes before, I knew there ever was a problem).
I guess the point I am trying to make is. I know he doesn't need my small little yard to mow, with all the business he has. But, he makes me feel that way.
I am very happy to have watch his business to grow into what it has today. I hope and pray it continues in the direction it needs to also.
So, Mr. Huskey at Automatic Lawn Care in Knoxville, Tn. I would like to say "THANK YOU"!!

Happy Mowing to All,
Michael Long
Knoxville, TN
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did he pay you to say that?
That is a nice compliment though.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

self promotion has many forms! LOL! Nice compliment for a customer to actually get on a website and say that! Kudos to a multi-truck outfit that can maintain quality control.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I stumbled on to this website a couple of weeks ago, since I did work in the business many years ago, it interested me a bit. As I was reading in the forums, I notcied alot of referring to certain customers as "PITA". I just thought I would be a customer that showed his appreciation more than just mailing my bill in on time.
I'm am not going to post my # 's on the internet for all to see and open myself up to harrasment. How about have one of your TN. LCO buddies call Automatic Lawncare ask him if he services my yard.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
How much did he pay you to say that?
That is a nice compliment though.
Some customers actually do have appreciation for people who provide services for them and are willing to go out of their way to let others know. Have you ever gotten refferals? Not all customers see you as the dirtbag lawn guy. Some do notice you are out there in extreme heat and cold to help them out. Its easy to keep a good customer/personal relationship when you are small but it gets harder as you grow and have less contact with the customer and have to trust in your employees. Sounds to me like this guy has held a foundation of some good business values that everyone can learn from. Its not always $$$$ signs. Without a good customer base you aint got chit. Id much rather do a good job and establish good clients and get good refferals then have to weed through new calls not knowing who im taking to. I think its great for a customer to come on here and give recognition to a fellow lco. But what do i know? Maybe caslong got a free cut for his time typing.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm really going to have to start watching what I say about customers on here...one might pop in and bust me calling them a pita! Nice post from the client.

"Running a business without advertising is like blinking in the dark- no one else knows you are doing it but you." -Sean Adams
Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLS View Post
I'm really going to have to start watching what I say about customers on here...one might pop in and bust me calling them a pita! Nice post from the client.

One of the main reasons I don't give my name out.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta watch what you say!! Thats impressive for a large company to have that kind of customer and quality satisfaction. I'm not sure how many larger operations around me would have customer comments like that.....
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taproot View Post
Some customers actually do have appreciation for people who provide services for them and are willing to go out of their way to let others know. Have you ever gotten refferals? Not all customers see you as the dirtbag lawn guy. Some do notice you are out there in extreme heat and cold to help them out. Its easy to keep a good customer/personal relationship when you are small but it gets harder as you grow and have less contact with the customer and have to trust in your employees. Sounds to me like this guy has held a foundation of some good business values that everyone can learn from. Its not always $$$$ signs. Without a good customer base you aint got chit. Id much rather do a good job and establish good clients and get good refferals then have to weed through new calls not knowing who im taking to. I think its great for a customer to come on here and give recognition to a fellow lco. But what do i know? Maybe caslong got a free cut for his time typing.
I agree, I was not bashing or anything else just being playful about a nice compliment. I have gotten referals, in fact we rarely advertise any more. They are a great compliment for anyone and shows you are still grounded and attached to what built your business in the first place, the customer.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

sorry jsf. i wasnt trying to bash you either. my intension was to point out the fact that, (even though we all have them) not all customers are pitas and i think many of us (including myself at times) get caught up in the "bad customer" situations and focus on them and tend to forget about the good ones. In the right (or maybe wrong) mood i would have made the same comment.