Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Take a look at the Bobcat A300 (All Wheel Steer/Skid Loader)...3000lbs of Rated Operating Capacity, Two Speed is nice if you have a big yard. It has both steerable axles (to keep from tearing up the rock and a skidsteer mode for tight areas.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

If you can afford it, and it is going to be a dedicated loader for trucks, a wheel loader is the way to go. We have 4 loaders; a Case 621c, Case321d, TCM 820, and a Case 40xt skid steer. We rarely use the skid steer, except on the smallest of trucks. The 321d is the most versitile loader. It can lift pallets and load trucks. More over it is safe and quick. Visibility is exceptional versus a skid steer, and they last a lot longer. We sell 10s of thousands of yards a year, and if I was to start over, a 1 yard wheel loader would be my starting machine.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Deere so naturally I have to show you this. It is up there in price but a neat machine. These are also the newest versions too. One yard bucket, you can put pallet forks on it....

Blake
WA
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Articulated loaders

We have a 2004 Terex SCL 515 and 1980 Waldon 5000 for sale. The older 1980 Waldon is a very tough long lasting machine built for foundry use. Made in Oklahoma. Used open cab ROPS machine in good working condition (500 hrs. since we reconditioned it) for $7500.00. It lifts to dump truck height, has a 1 yard bucket with a new skid mount plate system (New Holland), and is two speed four wheel drive diesel hydrostatic. Loader pins are tight, new bucket cylinder, center articulation pin has some play, good tires and paint. It's made for yard use only.
We also have a 2004 Terex SCL 515 for $40K which is state of the art pilot controls, air cooled Deutz diesel, built in Germany, very fast and site useable with standard skid connection plate with 2/3 yard digging bucket. (Will handle a 1.5 yard bucket) has 650 hrs. comfortable, enclosed ROPS cab w/heat/fan/wipers/area lighting in like new condition. We getting bigger loaders at both of our tree farms as we're now digging/handling larger trees with 4-5' balls that require a bigger tree spade and loader to handle them. Can deliver.
www.laketreefarm
USDA Certified Organic speciman trees and shrubs.
Ren
Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It took a while but I finally bought a JCB 210S backhoe loader. Its got 4 wheel steering and the bucket is a .80 yard but I will modify it to hold 1 yard of material. This will be used mainly to load bulk materials at the yard but I am sure the backhoe will come in handy occasionally. 4800 lbs lift capacity, so it should have no problem lifting a yard of stone. Any body have any experience with one of these?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A300

The Bobcat A300 would fit your needs nicely...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...highlight=a300
Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I personally use a Case 580 super e loader. The only down side is the hoe is always in the way. But I could not beat the price 3 years ago $6500.00 If I had my wish or had a money man with bottomless pockets I would get a articulated loader in a heartbeat. Case, Deere, Cat just to name a few all have good machines
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchmulch4u View Post
I personally use a Case 580 super e loader. The only down side is the hoe is always in the way. But I could not beat the price 3 years ago $6500.00 If I had my wish or had a money man with bottomless pockets I would get a articulated loader in a heartbeat. Case, Deere, Cat just to name a few all have good machines
WOW, that is a good price for that hoe! Is it an extendahoe, you have any pics?

Love case backhoes.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=CNYScapes;2005962]It took a while but I finally bought a JCB 210S backhoe loader. Its got 4 wheel steering and the bucket is a .80 yard but I will modify it to hold 1 yard of material. This will be used mainly to load bulk materials at the yard but I am sure the backhoe will come in handy occasionally. 4800 lbs lift capacity, so it should have no problem lifting a yard of stone. Any body have any experience with one of these?[/Q

They are around 32.000 each. great yard machines they are used with around 1200 hours on them.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Do not even bother modifying that bucket by the time you give a heaping mound it will be close to a yard. That way if you give a flat bucket you can call it a half yard.

The bucket on my Case is 1.3yard when I bought it so I had to modify it by putting in a false bottom to hold 1 yard level. But the customer wants to see the heaping load. So I am still giving away to much.