Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I'm unfamiliar with Fireworks.

Is that a photo / image program?

Do you have a "view" option of thumnails or acual size when you find the file location?
Yes it is a companion program for Dreamweaver used for some photo editing as well as text.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a bit funny.

I have it, and didn't even think about it, since Dreamweaver is the only one of the multiple programs in Macromedia group that I use.

So, do you think that the "path" is what's holding you up from viewing with other programs?

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 02-21-2007, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
That's a bit funny.

I have it, and didn't even think about it, since Dreamweaver is the only one of the multiple programs in Macromedia group that I use.

So, do you think that the "path" is what's holding you up from viewing with other programs?
I dont know I just worked around it. So far so good I guess. I am spending more time trying to find a format that I like content is pretty much done although I havent tackled the "Contacts" tab yet. I imagine I will pull some hair out tryingto figure out how to link the program to my e-mail address. Finally I want to provide links to useful sites for the customer.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean to put code in the page so the text link goes to your email?

It's like this "<a href="mailto:mdvadenoforegon@juno.com">mdvadenoforegon@juno.com</a>"

You go up to the menu and select "Insert"

Right underneath "Hyperlink" is "Email"

Pick the Email option to insert an email link and it opens the box to do it.

Are you using the "split" view so you have the code above and the workspace below?

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

Last edited by mdvaden; 02-21-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You mean to put code in the page so the text link goes to your email?

It's like this "<a href="mailto:mdvadenoforegon@juno.com">mdvadenoforegon@juno.com</a>"

You go up to the menu and select "Insert"

Right underneath "Hyperlink" is "Email"

Pick the Email option to insert an email link and it opens the box to do it.

Are you using the "split" view so you have the code above and the workspace below?
Are you asking for the whole page or just the file I cant see or edit?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Basically the whole page.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I got the code from the PM. When I first read it, it actually tried to display the whole layout in the PM box, not the code itself. But when I replied, it showed your code within quote tags.

So I put it in dreamweaver, and have a partial idea of what your page size is.

Of course, I can't see any of the images because they are not on my computer or the internet.

You might be able to resize the template. Personally, I don't like stretch to fit pages, and prefer the narrower ones, like 800 pixels or 900 pixels. Any part can be widened by dragging a handle, or, selecting and then changing the properties in your workspace.

Here's what I'm looking at. I clicked to select the outside edge of one table. Then below in my workspace, I could give it a border or border size where some arrows are. Bg is short for background color. If you want to change just one cell, click inside a cell somewhere, the the properties workspace below will show a Bg box to choose a background color for a single cell, like a column or row. Tables can be set to a pixel width, or percentage of page width. The drawback with a 100% width setting, is that your page can expand and distort to many sizes on many screens and it can make stuff jump all over and rearrange design. I like choosing a specific pixel width.

In the image below, at the bottom you can see that I have a "Results" part of the workspace open. Not sure why. I usually collapse that. And work with three main areas. The split of the code above, and the visual workspace below, since I can type in either one. And I make pleny of changes in the Properties section where the black arrows are.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Okay, I got the code from the PM. When I first read it, it actually tried to display the whole layout in the PM box, not the code itself. But when I replied, it showed your code within quote tags.

So I put it in dreamweaver, and have a partial idea of what your page size is.

Of course, I can't see any of the images because they are not on my computer or the internet.

You might be able to resize the template. Personally, I don't like stretch to fit pages, and prefer the narrower ones, like 800 pixels or 900 pixels. Any part can be widened by dragging a handle, or, selecting and then changing the properties in your workspace.

Here's what I'm looking at. I clicked to select the outside edge of one table. Then below in my workspace, I could give it a border or border size where some arrows are. Bg is short for background color. If you want to change just one cell, click inside a cell somewhere, the the properties workspace below will show a Bg box to choose a background color for a single cell, like a column or row. Tables can be set to a pixel width, or percentage of page width. The drawback with a 100% width setting, is that your page can expand and distort to many sizes on many screens and it can make stuff jump all over and rearrange design. I like choosing a specific pixel width.

In the image below, at the bottom you can see that I have a "Results" part of the workspace open. Not sure why. I usually collapse that. And work with three main areas. The split of the code above, and the visual workspace below, since I can type in either one. And I make pleny of changes in the Properties section where the black arrows are.
Here is the screenshot for the first page. It is the same as the coded version I PM'd you. This is the original file without my changes. The areas I am having trouble with are changing the titles labled "welcome, our portfolio, and latest news and events". These are the files I said I deleted from the webpage and created my own headers. Also, if you remember I couldn't find the red header background behind latest news and events. When I click on it in the images file it opens up fireworks and displays a square about the size of that header but instead of the red box it is a grey and white checkerboard with no color or text.

Hope this helps and thanks for your help.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2007, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Between the code view I have, and your screen shot, there is a WELCOME and a few words that must be an image.

Right?

If that image is a .gif, then I don't know if you can edit it.

You could replace it with text, but I think an image replacement would keep your page arrangement more intact.

Why don't you click on the properties of that .gif

Suppose its a 56 x 270 - or whatever - go to a photo program and make a blank white .gif of the same exact dimensions. Add text to it with the text options and just save it as a .gif.

Then rename the initial file with an "X" added or somthing, and give your new .gif the same identical file name as the other.

In other words, make your own from scratch and give it the original file name.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Between the code view I have, and your screen shot, there is a WELCOME and a few words that must be an image.

Right?

If that image is a .gif, then I don't know if you can edit it.

You could replace it with text, but I think an image replacement would keep your page arrangement more intact.

Why don't you click on the properties of that .gif

Suppose its a 56 x 270 - or whatever - go to a photo program and make a blank white .gif of the same exact dimensions. Add text to it with the text options and just save it as a .gif.

That is what I did.

Then rename the initial file with an "X" added or somthing, and give your new .gif the same identical file name as the other.

In other words, make your own from scratch and give it the original file name.
That is what I did, I made my own header.