Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2007, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Flyer, what do you all think of this

I started a lawncare business at the end of last summer. I was playing around with a new software program and came up with this. Tell me what you all think of this.

Maybe it will not be to big, my word on this new computer was a trial version

Thanks, Jason
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1st one.pdf (70.3 KB, 739 views)
Old 02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, Not so sure about the Reasonable Prices though; mite send the wrong message.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I think it overall looks great. the only suggestion I would give is to make your first paragraph and the bottom 5 lines bigger. I printed it off to see how big it would look after it was finished and thought that the older people would have a little trouble reading it. Get that phone number out there so people can see it. Great logo!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it just make everything bigger (especially the paragraph). Great logo and as said above make the phone # stand out more.
Use Vista print click here http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=638256053415

2004 Ford F-250
Toro Z558 60"/28hp
Quick 36 Super Duty
Cub Cadet 50"/22hp (operational)
Toro Personal Pace 22''
toro string trimmer
Redmax bp blower EB7001 & EBZ8001

Shindaiwa / Echo handhealds
18hp billy goat leaf loader with swing hitch for sale make offer
Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It looks really nice, doesn't have that amateur look or feel to it at all.

If I may suggest...
Replace the upper blablabla paragraph with a nice size bold font two words: Call Today...
And put that near the bottom, right over top of your co's info (replacing that sentence as well).
You'll be left with a somewhat simpler ad, but me thinks also more to the point...

Up to you, it looks good 'as is,' it really does.

You might replace Reasonable Prices with 'Standard Prices' but this will somewhat reduce the calls (and the number of folks looking for cheap lawn services), so it's a bit of a trade off.

The only other tip I can give, is after you pass out the flyers, watch for the odd customer who may (or perhaps will) call asking for every single service you have listed (cauz that's a red flag in our business, something isn't right). I don't think there's anything about your ad that brings this on, or anything you can do to change it, at least nothing I know of, just thought I'd mention it as a heads up.

But yeah, looks great.
Good Luck!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Overall the flier looks really well done and you did a good job of listing your services and the items you pride yourself on, but put yourself in the clients position for a moment and ask "What's in it for me?"

If the client receives your current flier then you really haven't given them any reason to give you a call. You've basically thrown a bare hook into the water hoping to catch fish, the better you can bate the hook the more fish your going to catch.

So think of yourself as the potential client and try and figure out what would entice you to call once you received a flier (ie: certain percentage off, a free service for new clients, etc.)

I'm not trying to be negative here in any way but I want to see you try and get the most out of your fliers.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

GARBAGE..............looks like the same flyer I see from every other lawn care on this site, and all over my area. Why should they call you over the next guy that puts out the same flyer next week.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mow2nd View Post
GARBAGE..............looks like the same flyer I see from every other lawn care on this site, and all over my area. Why should they call you over the next guy that puts out the same flyer next week.
I wouldn't say it is garbage. I do agree with you about it not making him special. Jason and most LCO's on this site don't want to spend any money to have their marketing material prepared by a professional. I think that is a big mistake. They spend thousands on a mowing equipment but won't spend a couple of hundred dollars to get their message out. Personally, I'm okay with it because it just makes me look better.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the input, especially from the last two BIG BOYS, it is ok to say that isn't it. Since you two sound like two of the BIG shots in this field. Just remember, oneday, you also had to start at the bottom. People like you two is what really gets on all the new guys nerves. Don't have something nice to say, keep your comments to yourself. Yes, I don't have the money to get it professionally done, yes I do have thousands in equipment, but I also have certain financial obligations also, etc, House, cars, kids, daycare for my kids(15,000 yearly to be exact) and my wife got a 1500 a month paycut. So, yes, if I had the money, I would. I'm glad I do make you look better, I hope your business does good this yr. But, please, for me and others, if you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself.

Thanks again for all the positive responses.
Jason
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not saying spend more money on a flyer, I'm saying be different. Tired of people posting flyers on here. They all look the same.