Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-11-2000, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

what is the best way to place flyers on the doors,mailboxes or with a weight in the yard does anyone recieve complaints on putting unwanted flyers out?
Old 03-11-2000, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Tazz. I've found the best way to put flyers out is to tuck them under the arm ON the mail box. Not inside the mail box. If that isn't possible, then I used to fold them in half (long way), and stick 'em under the welcom mat. That tends to make people curious, and more likely to take a good look at them. <br> To be honest. If I were you. I'd stick to placing ads in your neighborhood periodicals. That's where I've had the best luck obtaining new customers. I never did have much luck with the flyer route. The flyers waste a lot of time, and energy when you look at the time it takes to pass them out. <p>Good luck!<p>Victor<p>Victor
Old 03-15-2000, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

victor..<br>i tend to disagree with ya ..sorry.<br>putting flyers in door hanger bags and targeting residentials where YOU want to work has worked for me. <br>1- you get accounts in same area<br>2-have young kids deliver for you<br>3-running a special or getting the word FREE in the flyer catches their attention.<br>4-So far i have not had a better bang for the buck in advertising other than WOM.<p><br>