Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Leasing Trucks

Hey,

Looking at leasting an 07/08 F250. Does anyone know what a lease like that runs? A reply from some one in Canada would be great but im willing to take any ballpark figures. Ive got some submissions in to dealers but have not heard back.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I currently lease an 07 f350 lariat highline. My lease is 24mths, I have it leased @ 75kms for the two years. Payment is about 1,200 a month.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Awsome, so im probably look at a bit less. Are you allowed to vynil it? Also is it diesel?

Cheers
Jeff
Old 02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You can do what you wish to it as long as the vinyl peels off afterwards. Yes it is a diesel.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Awsome, now im really looking forward to leasing. I have a 98 dodge ram but im looking for a second truck, something a little more reliable and possibly for a second crew. If I can afford it midway through the summer I am definatly going to lease. Also what are the penalties if you break the lease half way through? What terms do that offer you? Is it cheaper if you go longer for example? Any info you could give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoopiter View Post
Hey,

Awsome, now im really looking forward to leasing. I have a 98 dodge ram but im looking for a second truck, something a little more reliable and possibly for a second crew. If I can afford it midway through the summer I am definatly going to lease. Also what are the penalties if you break the lease half way through? What terms do that offer you? Is it cheaper if you go longer for example? Any info you could give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff
I would not know about the penalties. You should talk with your sales person about all the details. Just remember if you plan to keep the truck you are better off buying. A lease is never going to be yours unless you buy it out at the end, but it will cost you big time. Now if you want to drive around in a new vehicle every 2 or 3 yrs it might be the way to go. It is definetley cheaper to go with 3 or a 4 yr lease.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

I know what you mean. I agree, and when I get my company established I will purchased but for now I need a second vehical and can't afford $20,000 or more. I figure its also nice that its hastle free and a write off.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You cannot break the lease unless you buy the vehicle outright, this can be very expensive. One of my 3/4 tons is leased and will not do it again. Ya you can vinyl it, but what about all those dings and dents you put in the truck while working it, that adds up VERY quickly. Imo you should just try to finance one and it'd be better. I am tryign to get rid of my lease now and can't. The truck is beautiful but I cant find anyone to take over my LOW monthly payment and have to sit on the truck until it the lease it up.
The choice is your though, do what is right for you.
James
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

my 2 cents and im not trying to upset anyone, just my thoughts

im shocked im hearing $1200/month lease and everyone is thinking about it! in dec 02 i bought my 00 ford f350 reg cab 4x4 xlt powerstoke diesel truck for $20000. i put $2000 down and my payments were 431.55 a month for 4 years. $1200 a month???? after my payment you would have $769 left or you could double payments(since lease is 2 year, buy is 4) which would be 863.1/month for 2 years, still saving 336 a month and you get to keep it! am i the only one who sees this?? again, just my oppinion
Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't agree more @1200 a month thats $28800 in two years,and then your left with nothing.you can finance and trade in for a much better price,and the dents as mentioned.