Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2007, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Web-Site Feedback

Just wanted some feedback.....positive or negative....come one come all. First shot at building one myself. I didn't think it turned out to bad but "fresh eyes" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

www.mosscreeklandscape.com
Old 02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All in all a good first effort.
I find the black to be a little to dark for me. I would personally use more earth tones.

Also, the opening paragraph, while well written is a bit long. I was loosing interest about half way through. It might work better if you make it 2 paragraphs & use a font that is easier to read.

If you have photos of your work you may want to showcase that on another page.

Glenn
Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Well said....

Well said....points dearly noted as that is the type of feedback I am looking for. It definately is a work in progress so I will be adding as I go. I am horrible about taking pictures of my work so I am waiting for things to green up and go back to our properties so pictures look good.

Thanks again.......
Old 02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
All in all a good first effort.
I find the black to be a little to dark for me. I would personally use more earth tones.

Also, the opening paragraph, while well written is a bit long. I was loosing interest about half way through. It might work better if you make it 2 paragraphs & use a font that is easier to read.

If you have photos of your work you may want to showcase that on another page.

Glenn
I agree. The first paragraph is a bit long. Try changing up your font in the section that is about website discounts just to make it stand out. Add a picutures section.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Your main page takes too long to load. Lose the wav file... get some help with your SEO. If you have a website and no one knows about it, you are wasting your time and money.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad.

If I was going to modify what's there, I'd eliminate the clock / calendar because 95% of your viewers should have a clock at the bottom of their monitor.

Then, I'd move the 3 buttons to the upper right, and lift the photo also, maybe 1/4 inch below the buttons (if in the upper right.

The scrolling text would go bye-bye, and so would the weather thing, since its a home page; premium presentation page.

Then every thing else would go to the left of the photo, and not extend below it.

By the way, to avoid you text running into the image, you can blockquote it with <blockquote>Text</blockquote> or you can also add inside you image tag hspace="3" or whatever number in quotes.

The number could be anything from 1 to whatever. It makes a gap on the side. If you need spacing above, you can add vspace="4" or whatever number.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you!!!!!

Great feedback...I will consider all input and make necessary changes. That's why I put it out there........I wanted honest feedback.

Moss Creek Lawn & Landscape
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I got bored very quickly, and lost in the text. I still don't know what you guys do well, I was too bored to read all the details. My first impression was that your company is a consultant or something to preserve wildlife - after studying it for a few minutes I realize the photo is about your Name: Moss creek.

My advice. Pick the top category that you do well, and show me (pics) on the homepage. If youre gonna tell me something, tell me how My life will be enriched, or what pain you're gonna keep me from having if I do business with you. Good luck.
BTW: Great start! keep making changes. Couple years down the road you'll look back and realize How far you've come www.waybackmachine.org
Old 02-26-2007, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It looks good but I would change the background and the red on the home page. Pic's look very good though.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 02-26-2007, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I think it's funny i'm the same way about taking before and after shots. Thats why i haven't put a page together yet. I would try to have one of your main showcase jobs in your main page.