Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Armadillolawncare's Avatar
Armadillolawncare Armadillolawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Braunfels TX
Posts: 570
Pull behind Aerator

Can anyone recomend a good aerator I could pull behind my small Z?
__________________
www.armadillolawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:31 AM
DuraCutter DuraCutter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alberta-Canada
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillolawncare View Post
Can anyone recomend a good aerator I could pull behind my small Z?
Bluebird pull behind aerator. It weighs around 500 lbs with weights. Good quality.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Swampy's Avatar
Swampy Swampy is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hartland, WI
Posts: 1,436
Lesco makes a pretty good one. Just need a couple of sand bags and go.
__________________
Landscape Engineering Service
US Army 372nd EN Co 12N

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Accu-cut Lawn Care's Avatar
Accu-cut Lawn Care Accu-cut Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillolawncare View Post
Can anyone recomend a good aerator I could pull behind my small Z?
I would definitely recommend an aerator from fabworks oem. They make the perfect one for your small z. It is water filled; so you can add and subtract weight as needed. Also, it has staggered tines so your z will have an easy turning it. I think they go for around 400. Call Brad, the owner and he'll give you a good deal...423-462-5815
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2007, 09:02 AM
LindblomRJ's Avatar
LindblomRJ LindblomRJ is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
I would definitely recommend an aerator from fabworks oem. They make the perfect one for your small z. It is water filled; so you can add and subtract weight as needed. Also, it has staggered tines so your z will have an easy turning it. I think they go for around 400. Call Brad, the owner and he'll give you a good deal...423-462-5815
Looking at their website they don't have an aerator listed. Is it a custom built deal?
__________________
Ryan
Spring Creek Lawn & Landscape

Veritas and æquitas
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Accu-cut Lawn Care's Avatar
Accu-cut Lawn Care Accu-cut Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindblomRJ View Post
Looking at their website they don't have an aerator listed. Is it a custom built deal?
No, it's not custom. He's begun selling them to distibutors mostly; but he'll have that info up soon. I'm glad I'm in good with this guy. In a week or two, he's gonna make me a custom 60" unit. I've seen and tested his 48 inch model and it worked great.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
MStine315's Avatar
MStine315 MStine315 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Durand, MI
Posts: 790
I use, and like, my 60" Lesco. Classen is the same unit. I can put 150 lbs. on it and still pull it with my Turf Tracker (a twin to a 20 hp. Dixie). It has a split shaft so it makes turning easier.
__________________
Marc
Proud supporter of Green Care for Troops
Member Mich. Green Industry Assoc. (MGIA)
Member Mich. Turfgrass Foundation (MTF)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Armadillolawncare's Avatar
Armadillolawncare Armadillolawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Braunfels TX
Posts: 570
I'll look into these. Thanks for the help
__________________
www.armadillolawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2007, 10:21 AM
haybaler haybaler is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ma
Posts: 513
so how do you get it on and off the trailer? does it have wheels and some sort of lift system? is it good for small areas?
__________________
get R done
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM
LindblomRJ's Avatar
LindblomRJ LindblomRJ is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
No, it's not custom. He's begun selling them to distibutors mostly; but he'll have that info up soon. I'm glad I'm in good with this guy. In a week or two, he's gonna make me a custom 60" unit. I've seen and tested his 48 inch model and it worked great.
What was the price of the 48, if you don't mind.
__________________
Ryan
Spring Creek Lawn & Landscape

Veritas and æquitas
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.09671 seconds with 7 queries