Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

As has already been said, take care of these machines, change the oil often, and pray for them and you might make it.

Once you start making money, buy a Honda and use the others for backups. You won't regret it.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKSooner View Post
As has already been said, take care of these machines, change the oil often, and pray for them and you might make it.

Once you start making money, buy a Honda and use the others for backups. You won't regret it.
I have purchased a honda commercial 21'' for this season then I'll get a 32 or 36 walk behind this winter/fall.
Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

1. Emphasis on price is a terrible idea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess i'm one of those people who love it when the price is thrown into the advertisement..i get terribly irritated when i'm looking through a prooduct catalogue and all there is where the price is is the d*m product code for like 100pages..my view is if money is whats driving this world,then list the flipping price then!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

prooduct --product(spell police)
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcondon View Post
I hate to say it but your going to run into big trouble putting the price on your flyer's. Every lawn is different and your going to end up loosing money. JMO
I agree with him never put price on any thing till you see it!! Never quote over the phone. Dont go by well the last guy charged me this less!!!!
Seems the last guy was all over town!!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Member

My first season I bought a residential Honda self propelled and used it 20-25 per week all season long. Althought it runs great other things on it(wheels, plastic controls etc) couldnt take it. Since you are going to upgrade dont blow a lot of $$ on whatever you get. I also agree that you shouldnt put price on your flyer. Size, plus the amount of trimming and edging per lawn should be taken into consideration. Good luck whatever you decide !
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wouldn't rotating the mowers every other lawn be worse? You are constantly heating up and cooling down the mowers several times a day which is even mroe stressful on parts.....Run one half a day, it will stay warm, then, switch to the second one for the second half of the day. Am i correct on this?

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a John deere 155c for 3 years and not a problem with if you keep the stuff maintained u shouldn't have a problem.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Steve you still haven't made it clear with your packages. Are you saying in "B" that you will mow the yard 2 times in one week. I don't think the climate is that much different 20 miles away to think that you would need to (or that they would pay for) 2 cuts in one week. Only when they are irrigated right and fertilized right could they use it cut 2 times in one week a couple of times per year. Not to mention that for the most part the $25-$30 yard aren't the ones that would apply to anyway. But if you are planning on cutting 2 times in one week, and you find 15 customers to pay you to do that, if the yard is worth $30 for one cut, it shouldn't be discounted any more to come back out to do it again. Your overhead does not change one penny, so why loose money. I am not bashing you at all, I just don't really understand the whole 2-3 times per week mow. Please clarify.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mow-It-All View Post
I am not bashing you at all, I just don't really understand the whole 2-3 times per week mow. Please clarify.

I am just starting this year, I have since changed my flyer. I know that I mow my yard twice a week almost all season, but I have a nice yard. I was just offering the service, they don't have to take it. I appreciate all the input.